What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
oooooh ... I might treat myself to a Solo Cinema night out. And it's only £5.50 at our Cineworld - is that right?!?

... Maybe? I have no idea.

stephec

Legendary Member
I watched The Blood Spattered Bride. One or two decent nude scenes, although I am sure it was a body double.

If you liked that you might want to watch Hansel, Gretel, and the Sensual Witch on Prime.

More euro nudie nonsense that gets a big score of 2.9 on IMDB. 😂

Drago

Legendary Member
Venom.

Tom Hardy with a dodgy accent. At the drop of a hat he smears himself completely with Bovril and goes around killing people.

Unfathomable nonsense.

3.1415/10.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Two films last night

"The Prestige" : Christopher Nolan films usually tick boxes, but like Tenet this one was a bit of a struggle.

Closely followed by "Warm Bodies", a stupid Zombie romcom which i quite enjoyed!

Educating Rita

40 years old last year this, never seen it and very enjoyable. Apparently (according to Michael Caine anyway) this was the last film he did before 'I retired my brain' :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Educating Rita

40 years old last year this, never seen it and very enjoyable. Apparently (according to Michael Caine anyway) this was the last film he did before 'I retired my brain' :laugh:

40 years. :sad: I saw that at the pictures when it came out.

Proto

Legendary Member
Empire of Light

Lyme Regis Film Society

Really enjoyed this Sam Mendes film. Cast excellent, especially Olivia Colman, but they were all good. A love story to cinema with a back story of loneliness, isolation and prejudice. Well worth seeking out. 8/10

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Because everyone is watching Dune right now... and it's not my thing 🙄
Decided to go back to when Villeneuve made decent movies and re watched Sicario.Such a great film.

AndyRM

XOXO
If you liked that you might want to watch Hansel, Gretel, and the Sensual Witch on Prime.

More euro nudie nonsense that gets a big score of 2.9 on IMDB. 😂

If it's not the "proper" version (and I suspect it probably isn't if it's on Prime) then there isn't much point - it's had all the nudity cut out of it.

There used to be a really great slot on Channel 4, late on a Friday night, where they'd have a double feature, usually horror and exploitation films, and a couple of film nerds would have a chat about them in between. Saw a lot of under-appreciated classics that way.

My favourite was when they ran "I am a Nymphomaniac" followed by "I am Frigid... why?" and rambled on about how stupid the second title was because despite being even more explicit, people were put off by the title.

GetFatty

Über Member
I watched the new Road House today. McGregor is absolutely hilarious as an actor. Unfortunately he’s not trying to be funny.

If it's not the "proper" version (and I suspect it probably isn't if it's on Prime) then there isn't much point - it's had all the nudity cut out of it.

There used to be a really great slot on Channel 4, late on a Friday night, where they'd have a double feature, usually horror and exploitation films, and a couple of film nerds would have a chat about them in between. Saw a lot of under-appreciated classics that way.

My favourite was when they ran "I am a Nymphomaniac" followed by "I am Frigid... why?" and rambled on about how stupid the second title was because despite being even more explicit, people were put off by the title.

Early 2000s C4 ran a themed slot called 4Later, that might be what your thinking of. As well as films they had a really good film review show called Vidz, I found loads of good films through that.

Top Bottom