What has your other half moaned at you about so far today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
I'm on cooking duties tonight, and to woo (wow?) Mrs S I have really pushed the boat out and have made a chicken & chorizo paella from scratch. Unfortunately it was ready an hour ago, and since then she has been on the phone to her Brother, so it is currently sitting on a low heat slowly drying out and emulsifying.

If she, when she ever stops talking, complains about it being too dry/stodgy etc, I shall resort to poking her eyes out with a blunt pencil which I have already got prepared for such an occasion. :ninja:

I've just heard her plug her phone into the charger. She's still talking. I can just imagine the "shoot" I'd get into if she'd spent an hour cooking a meal and then I'd spent an hour on the phone to a mate. Ho hum, different rules apply I guess.

Slioch

Guru
[QUOTE 3946069, member: 76"]Blimey, the internet isn't big enough....... how I parked my car, not making a cup of tea (which I had made and was by the bed), dropping off/picking up the kids, how much work she has to do, how little work I do........................................[/QUOTE]

Been there, got the tee shirt etc

:hugs:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
In some ways (apart from the 'talking' bit) we have the exact opposite of typical male/female moaning opportunities.
Bear with me: when I was a kid, only middle class houses had a toilet with a lid as well as the seat. We never had one. Since I grew up and became middle class, I have been fastidious about putting the lid/seat combo down after I've used the loo, so as you can't see into the bowl. I am the only one in our house who does this. (they leave the lid bit up) And I moan about it. A lot.
Also, I'm the tidy one. I am not the one who just leaves clothes on the floor, plates and cups wherever they happen be last used. And I moan about this. A lot.
However, apart from sometimes pining for solitude, and how tidy my living space would be if I lived alone, I've got used to the chaos :smile:

TVC

1 of THE many reasons I'm single lol
Not all women fart constantly.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
She went to get some of the large bar of whole nut chocolate I bought last night, she opened the fridge door, 'where's the whole nut?' When I told her, she had a right moan at me. That's me back on the low carb after my holiday.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Noise - I get moaned at about this. I'm a noisy person - apparently I sing too much and too loud and 'stomp' around the house.

I retaliate with my 'mess' accusations - Lovely Wife has never moved beyond her teenage years in terms of 'keeping the place tidy'.

Her side of the bedroom looks like a clothes recycling centre and her Hair & Dressing Room (spare bedroom in reality) is a total skip.

I even do more than my fair share of cooking duties just so that the kitchen stays tidy - she cooks some nice fodder but the mess she creates is unbelievable.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Absolutely nothing ...

She tired of moaning about my many faults about 15 years ago and moved on! :laugh:

I don't fancy going through all that again so I thought I would work through the list of my faults and only give relationships another go when there isn't much left to moan about.

There is a problem - I started the process in my mid-40s and only fix about 2% of the faults per year. At this rate, I will probably be 95 by the time that I am ready and by then I will be past caring about it!

Well, I always have my bikes ... They are not very affectionate and often give me a hard time, but they do at least tolerate me as I am! :okay:

Top Bottom