What is the feminine derivative of the word "nobber"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
How's about a Flapper?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I dont get upset by poor driving or cycling behaviour...
laugh and shake my head..
some people cant even see me in a 3.5 ton WHITE van..
Crap inatentive fookwit driver covers male and female..

winjim

Smash the cistern
FETA: the fact she made the remark about "doing a third one" indicates that she knew what she was doing and didn't give a flying one for the safety of the pedestrians at the crossings.
You took the piss out of her. She reacted. It's human nature, if you rebuke me for something I've done while riding, I will do it again, I will do it twice as hard, and I will shout FU while doing it.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
A couple of years ago I took a conscious decision to stop getting cross with other road users, no matter whose fault and to stop yelling at people who upset me. I enjoy my cycling much more.

So less of the nobber or whatever....just chill and be happy.
I don't, normally... But this seemed so blatant I felt compelled to say something.

And to address the above point about "picking on a soft target", I'd argue that it's more sexist to turn a blind eye to such nobbery just because it's a woman... It's almost as if you're saying "aww, bless her, she's only a woman and doesn't know the rules of the road".

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

You took the piss out of her. She reacted. It's human nature, if you rebuke me for something I've done while riding, I will do it again, I will do it twice as hard, and I will shout FU while doing it.
That says more about you than it does about me...

winjim

Smash the cistern
That says more about you than it does about me...
Maybe it does. But it should tell you that you cannot hope to change my behaviour through mockery. So why did you think you would be able to change hers?

I don't, normally... But this seemed so blatant I felt compelled to say something.

And to address the above point about "picking on a soft target", I'd argue that it's more sexist to turn a blind eye to such nobbery just because it's a woman... It's almost as if you're saying "aww, bless her, she's only a woman and doesn't know the rules of the road".
...but you turn a blind eye to the 'harder' targets of people in cars?

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Maybe it does. But it should tell you that you cannot hope to change my behaviour through mockery. So why did you think you would be able to change hers?
As I said, it was such blatant stupidity that I felt compelled to say something.

I could have stopped, asked her why she felt the need to ignore the red lights and if she could not be a little more considerate to the pedestrians, but that would have been patronizing in the extreme.

Or, of course, I could have just ignored it, which I'll do from now on, even if the bike's wrapped round her after a prang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom