What is the history of CC & any original members here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I signed up to MTBE, then never really visited. Just seemed a bit, well, crap.

This seems to stray a bit from the facts really. Sam is a very nice bloke who has turned out for forum rides and organised a fair few. You seemed far nicer in the flesh than you make out on here for some reason best known to yourself.
You could always drop it. Otherwise it continues to highlight his shortcomings.

Any implied "niceness" or otherwise is usually in the eye of the reader on forums; no harm was intended in my postings, quite the opposite in fact as my concern was for others who did not know his ways. But the moderators will be along unless I draw a line under it. So the line is drawn as far as I am concerned.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Behind a keyboard, a lot of people do. In the flesh, not so much.
Just as an example, I think that @Marmion is a complete nobber, a keyboard warrior of the worst kind who exists only to be unpleasant. Even when he's sober, which doesn't seem to be very often. Our mutual friend @theclaud, by contrast, who is a woman of impeccable taste and judgement of character, assures me regularly that he's a decent cover. I think "sweetie" might even be the word used.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Just as an example, I think that @Marmion is a complete nobber, a keyboard warrior of the worst kind who exists only to be unpleasant. Even when he's sober, which doesn't seem to be very often. Our mutual friend @theclaud, by contrast, who is a woman of impeccable taste and judgement of character, assures me regularly that he's a decent cover. I think "sweetie" might even be the word used.

And he savours Boroughbridge pork pies so he must be OK. :okay:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Anyway, like @ianrauk, I was a refugee from the fallout of ACF nearly 8 years ago (although in my case I finally jumped in April, when the whole thing imploded). And unlike @Marmion I think Sam was a great visionary, who did his best to keep the ship afloat, but finally succumbed to the stress of trying to take everything on his own shoulders amid people who were trying actively to take him down. @Shaun has the rare ability of being able to focus on the technical and rely on other people without taking things personally.

Levo-Lon

Guru
.:laugh: tiz a good thread

Sufficiently visionary that you stop mistaking people who are not being complete nobbers for friends.
I was using that smiley to cover the words "acquaintances who are not being complete nobbers but are neither his friends", quite appropriately as it turns out...

Top Bottom