What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I finished watching Luke Cage this morning. It's seriously good, and I think I preferred it to Daredevil; the writing and overall episode arcs felt stronger and the soundtrack was absolutely excellent.

I won a private bet with myself about the soundtrack, reckoning that either RZA or Method Man would rock up at some point for a cameo.

I'll give Jessica Jones a shot next I reckon. Netflix really have played a blinder so far with the series I've seen, not just the Marvel stuff but also Kimmy Schmidt and Orange is the New Black, amongst others.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Anyone else watch Robbie Coltrane giving the performance of a lifetime in National Treasure? Difficult subject matter dealt with in a challenging and thought-provoking way, and all the acting and directing was outstanding, I thought.
Sorry to have missed it. Have to say, I've never seen Robbie Coltrane put a foot wrong. Cracker was one of my favourite all time series. Funnily enough, Jimmy McGovern had a wee wiry feller in mind when he wrote the part. When they told him they were casting RC, he was kind of ohhh-kayyyyy...? But he knew RC was the perfect Fitz from about two minutes into episode 1.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Finished the 4th series of House of Cards on Netflix last night. Another excellent series of the political drama / thriller. Coincidentally I just happened to watch it while the American presidential election shenanigans have been in the news, and having seen Trump and Clinton trashing each other, and learning more of their allegedly dubious pasts have found myself thinking it seems more realistic than I thought.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Stranger Things. Ran through 4 episodes last night. Child dissapears by some strange creature. X files and goonies in one. Quite good.

I can't decide if I can be bothered with Stranger Things. Reviews I've read or been told by friends alternate between "it's amazing" and "save some time and watch Super 8, it's the same thing".

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Episode 2 of the new series of Still Game - still excellent, still laugh out loud funny.

Hard to believe the number of people who think this is the first series (though it is 9 years since the last series).
If there is a better comedy on at the moment then I haven't seen it.

On the Beeb there is not. And I have to say it's good to see them put a Scottish comedy on their main channel at a decent time. Last thing I remember watching was Limmy's Show at 2am on a Sunday morning which I'd like to think was an oblique nod to Dee Dee, which is sadly unlikely.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just finished watching the 5th and last season of Fringe on Sunday (goodbye, Anna Torv! :cry:), and have now revisited another one which I can only describe as SciFi but with a bit of a Fantasy lean, which is called Sanctuary. This latter one features Amanda Tapping, and is also definitely worth watching, having 4 seasons.

Top Bottom