What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Black Mirror is doing it for me at the moment.
And repeats of come dine with me.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Did anyone see The Apprentice last night? They had to crowdfund "new" cycling products and put on a particularly inept display.

Assuming he manages to resist killing anyone, I think Paul might win.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Thought I would try Black Mirror on Netflix as several people had said it was quite good. Watched Episode 1 of series 1 on Saturday night....blimey, how shocking was that story line, entertaining though....

Also on Netflix, I have been watching Cosmos presented by Neil de Grasse Tyson. If you like stuff about where we sit in space, the universe, life science, etc, I would recommend this....

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Expanse (Netflix)
I've not read the books that this one is based on, but enjoyed the 10 part series. A hunt for a missing girl links the stories of a detective, a mining crew and a high ranking politician, all set in a universe in which Mars and the asteroid belt have been colonised. It feels like there are more stories to tell here, and I hope another series appears on Netflix soon.

Fleabag (iPlayer)
Very rude (in terms of subject matter) fourth wall breaking comedy about the eponymous character's misadventures in life. Not light in tone (or at least, not consistently) but I've enjoyed the four episodes I've seen so far.

Still Game (s7, iPlayer)
I don't think (with the exception of the first episode) this has hit the heights of the earlier series yet, but I'm still enjoying it.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
The Expanse (Netflix)
I've not read the books that this one is based on, but enjoyed the 10 part series. A hunt for a missing girl links the stories of a detective, a mining crew and a high ranking politician, all set in a universe in which Mars and the asteroid belt have been colonised. It feels like there are more stories to tell here, and I hope another series appears on Netflix soon.
Its a SyFy series and the second series is due in January so you may have to wait till around this time next year if you want to watch it on Netflix. The books are well worth reading, the first series is bases on the first half of the first book Leviathan Wakes.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
We're watching Goliath on Prime at the mo, Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt as feuding ex business partner lawyers locked in battle over a dodgy tech firm run by Dwight Yoakam, also stars Maria Bello and Molly Parker. BBT is an drunk, WH is a weirdo reclusive, there's all sorts of nasty nonsense going. I have to say it's one of the best things I've seen for ages, really first rate stuff and the casting is exceptional, not a weak one in it. I'm gripped, shame it's only an eight episode series.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Fleabag (iPlayer)

Watched the last two episodes of this last night, and it suddenly becomes quite powerful (especially the last episode).

Watched the first few episodes of Designated Survivor. Rather daft and full of cringworthy backslapping "How great are us Americans?" "At least his death saved the children" and "God bless the US of A" moments that make you want to puke, but none the less rather watchable - Kiefer is playing the role rather well although most of the other parts seem to be the usual mix of clichéd stereotypes and stock characters... plot seems a little obvious and has teh usual holes you could drive a tank through, but early days yet, and I thought the editing was atrocious at times, but on balance think I'll stick with it as it takes very little effort to watch...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
W1A - series 2 (Netflix)

Ian Fletcher is still head of values at the BBC, with a new set of challenges to deal with as the corporation approaches charter renewal. So that's all good then.

Top Bottom