What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Has anyone watched the latest episode of Westworld yet?

OMG :eek:

Although Ive enjoyed it, this was the Ned Stark moment for Westworld for me, in hindsight it seems obvious. I was thinking that Theresa was the bot until she said, "Where does this door go" and he said "What door?" and I knew she was looking at his blueprints straight away. The reveal was done very well. Looking back on the scene where Bernard finds the house and the people attacked him, he commented that their safetys were off. Looking at it now its possible they were on, they could hurt him because he wasnt human, they knew even if he didnt know himself.

Lots of questions now, does that mean they killed the other woman who was investigating the transmitter? She wasnt directly in conflict with them but maybe she was just too nosy for comfort. Is this going to be an invasion of the body snatchers thing? Will we see a theresa bot? Was that the bot currently in production in that lab? Even though Im pretty sure William is real... the fact he keeps going on about his fiance and getting married reminds me of Bernard and his backstory, or narrative. So now I suspect everyone except Theresa...

Really looking forward to the next episode now, I was enjoying it until now but I was just catching up when I could.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Has anyone watched the latest episode of Westworld yet?
Yes, although there have been theories floating around about Bernard since the early part of the series - like you, I twigged that it was pretty definite when he couldn't "see" the door. Hopkins' turn from avuncular, slightly batty John Hammond figure to sinister puppetmaster was at once both a shock and inevitable seeming, given what had gone before. Very interested to see where we go now, and how the man in black and Maeve tie into this (if they do).

U

User6179

Watched the first few episodes of Designated Survivor. Rather daft and full of cringworthy backslapping "How great are us Americans?" "At least his death saved the children" and "God bless the US of A" moments that make you want to puke, but none the less rather watchable - Kiefer is playing the role rather well although most of the other parts seem to be the usual mix of clichéd stereotypes and stock characters... plot seems a little obvious and has teh usual holes you could drive a tank through, but early days yet, and I thought the editing was atrocious at times, but on balance think I'll stick with it as it takes very little effort to watch...

This should be absolute rubbish but it is actually quite good , a cross between The West Wing and Quantico .

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
He is, and usually I love his stuff, but I wasn't at all sure about last night's opening episode. It seemed a bit clunky, and a lot of the period detail seemed wrong, in dialogue as well as set dressing, haircuts, etc. I'll stick with it though, and bear in mind that he doesn't much go in for total realism.

Agreed, quite a disappointing start, and SophRM has given up already so I'm on my own for the rest of the series.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Started watching Travellers last night... yet another Netflix original. I suspect it's going to go the same way as Lost, Heroes, the 4400.

I'm enjoying series two of Humans.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Watched two excellent documentaries last night - Victoria wosname Coren on How to be a Bohemian - very interesting and entertaining - and The secret history of...Deptford High Street - one of a series about famous British streets and their history. Fascinating.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Yes, although there have been theories floating around about Bernard since the early part of the series - like you, I twigged that it was pretty definite when he couldn't "see" the door. Hopkins' turn from avuncular, slightly batty John Hammond figure to sinister puppetmaster was at once both a shock and inevitable seeming, given what had gone before. Very interested to see where we go now, and how the man in black and Maeve tie into this (if they do).
Ive managed to ignore spoilers so Ive had no idea where it is heading which has added to the enjoyment for me. Ive not even seen the original film which is one of those films I always planned to see but never got round to.

Until this episode everyone has felt pretty safe, I think the one thing that has stopped me engaging has been that it is a game, noone felt in danger. Now that Bernard has broken Asimovs first law, noone is safe. I love speculating so this series is heaven, will Bernard remember what he has done and feel guilt? Did Ford kill Arnold or is even he actually dead? is the MIB actually as evil as he seems, after all he hasnt hurt anyone except the robots. Delores is another pet project, we saw her blueprints in the batch with Bernards, what is her purpose? ok Ill shut up now ^_^

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Finished the latest American Horror Story last night. An excellent series as I expected, but there's a definite shift in tone, as it is a pretty damning critique of "modern" society. I reckon that Falchuck and Murphy have now covered all horror bases, so I'm hoping that they quit while they're ahead.

And hopefully release a box set with a commentary that confirms my half baked theory about how all the series are linked.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Re. all the Westworld spoilers, did you know...

I haven't seen it
billandtedwhoah.gif

Top Bottom