What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Carried on with S1 of Lucifer on Amazon Prime - still very good.
Tried S1 of the highly rated Vikings on there too, and it was OK but not great. Very similar in feel to The Last Kingdom that was on the BBC late last year and in some ways, Beowulf Return to the Shield Lands. Not sure I'll invest the time needed to catch up on 4 series of it though.

The Doctor Blake Mysteries are back on the Beeb next week, so I've series linked them already.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Guy in China

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tried S1 of the highly rated Vikings on there too, and it was OK but not great. Very similar in feel to that Viking programme that was on the BBC earlier in the year. Not sure I'll invest the time needed to catch up on 4 series of it though.
The politicking and action is pretty good, but the main character comes off as way too much of a smug arse for my taste, and I can only stomach a couple of episodes with a long break between them. It's a bit like a Game of Thrones where you're supposed to be rooting for Joffrey.

Any road, I watched a bit more of Vikings S2 (see above).

Arrow S4 - dependably entertaining DC comics series - more Flash crossovers in this season, and one episode with John Constantine, which served to remind me what a shame it was that that programme was cancelled.

No Such Thing As the News - coming to the end of the current season, this simple, but entertaining spin off from the QI stable is, in essence, a topical, video version of the excellent "No Such Thing as a Fish" podcast. Available on iPlayer.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
They've actually got an entire series out of an old 70's SF movie - Westworld?????:blush:. I hear the Excorcist is now a TV show (Mike Oldfield can look forward to some royalties:laugh:). Methinks we are now in the age of 1970's remakes.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Close to the enemy. This has been hard work. Freddie Highmore has a haircut more akin to Oasis than someone from the 1940's and why does Jim Sturgess have his head tilted to the side every time he speaks. Robert Glennister could do with giving them both some acting lessons.
I agree. I've given upon it, with regret, after three episodes with no real narrative drive, implausible behaviour, lifeless acting and a soggy script without a decent line of dialogue. As a longstanding Poliakoff fan I came to this with great enthusiasm and anticipation, but I fear it's tv drama by numbers with phone it in performances.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
The Missing on BBC1 - I particularly like the persistent Julien Baptiste, and the way it chops through three time periods each episode to slowly jigsaw all the bits of the story together (and what a "reveal" in the last few minutes of episode 7!! :eek:).

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
They've actually got an entire series out of an old 70's SF movie - Westworld?????:blush:. I hear the Excorcist is now a TV show (Mike Oldfield can look forward to some royalties:laugh:). Methinks we are now in the age of 1970's remakes.

Been done with loads of films over the years, some more successfully than others.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
They remade The Sweeney a couple of years ago and they really shouldn't have bothered...:stop:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Not the 70's but Lethal Weapon and Teen Wolf have been been turned into tv series. Not watched teen wolf, but Lethal Weapon is pretty good.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not the 70's but Lethal Weapon and Teen Wolf have been been turned into tv series. Not watched teen wolf, but Lethal Weapon is pretty good.

Leathal Weapon sounds fun.

It does - has it been shown in the UK yet?
A quick Google suggests that ITV bought it and planned to show it at "prime time" during Autumn 2016, but I can find no more... :sad:

Top Bottom