What was YOUR 15 seconds of fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paddypete

i was one of a hundred winners in an asda,cookery competition,my dish was curry in a hurry,it was back in 2000 in somthing? we all went to a hotel in manchester,all expences paid and had agood time;) we all got our photos taken and was put on our page next to our dish,in a nice cookbook,so you may even have one at home,if you have,see the blond standing next to me!

Chris S

Legendary Member
I saw a gap in the crowd and cycled through it. It turned out to be between a TV camera and a reporter.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I took a "TT Virgin" to watch the races once. We were in the beer garden of the Raven when an outfit broke down and had to push the last 50m or so to the bridge before pulling into the side. As they stood up and took off their helmets Bruce came out with the immortal phrase " 'kin ell, they're old enough to know better!"

Threw a rod on our Kawasaki ,flat in top, halfway down the Sulby Straight, in 1994. Coasted to Sulby Bridge and pulled off the course. Got off the outfit and a very nice old gent started to chat with us. Took me a moment or two to realise it was Norman Wisdom.

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Early 70's the large 6 lane Manchester Road out of Bradford was being updated, I'd have been about 8 or 9 and every day my mother would reinforce the rule that I never played in, or near, the construction site, a source of unlimited attraction for me. One evening there was an update about it on the local news, I was sat there with my mother watching it when my stomach turned..........I'd bunked off school and was highly and visibly enjoying myself behind the reporter along with the other similarly minded oiks. :sad:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I was on a slow news day local BBC TV report when I rolled my car. The camera crew were returning from a shoot and found me climbing out of the car about 30 seconds after I rolled it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Still got the [length of] hair ? :whistle:

HA! *cough*

Sara_H

Guru
When I was at primary school channel 4 made a documentary about school dinners, I was featured eaton concrete chocolate pudding and custard.
I was also chosen to be a model for photos accompanying an article in Nursing Times about 15 years ago.

Rafferty

Eric Clapton stood on my coat. I hadn't realised who it was until he was walking away. This was prior to one of his shows and he was having a wander around the building.

RedRider

Pulling through
I was interviewed and filmed by the BBC's North Westminster - a defunct local politics show in NW England - drawing squiggles whilst on the phone and throwing my pen down in apparent frustration.

I was a reporter for the local freesheet with all of two weeks experience and found myself being asked to give an opinion about covering the local council. I couldn't even write shorthand at the time, hence the made-up squiggles. My dad's got it on VHS somewhere.

Top Bottom