What was your mileage this year ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Only 5500, once winter approached it all came to a stop. I see retired people with 10 to 12,000 but they’ve got all that time on their hands.

Gwylan

Veteran
1,720 - which is a surprise - thought it would be less but I suppose that is because I feel I haven;t done much because the last few months have been difficult due to family commitments and/or illness

summer was quite good

Just over 2000 km. Not bad since the software lost the big rides and I had 6 weeks without a bike. After Hercules 1 was nicked!

Hopefully better this coming year.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Not for the UK. I can't ever remember such a wet year. Im a bit of a saddo that counts how many rainy commutes I do in a year. Up to 45 so far this year. The most ever I've had over a year is 34. Though we did have a dry summer, the wet weather caught up with us with a vengeance once Autumn hit.

I counted rainy commutes over a year back in 2004. It only rained on me on 8 commutes. The commute was 50 mins each way at the time.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
7,613 miles logged. I don’t log my utility trips and they are about 6-10 miles a week. I have about another 6.5 hours of riding planned before end of year. Likely close to 8,000 miles. I see this year as a reset after drifting as the pandemic dragged on, more lockdowns came, and events got cancelled.

As I get older I’m trying to ensure I do more strength and weight bearing exercise. Thus less time on bike than previous years. I usually aim to have two days a week off the bike.

8200km this year, so quite a bit down on previous years as i changed job end of 21. Pretty sure i can get back to the 10k km club next year though as I’ll be commuting a lot more.

Climbing was about the same ratio at 103k meters so like always never enough to improve….. that’s always the thing i miss each year. For 23 i have some epic rides planned including the Tour des Stations once more🫣

avsd

Guru
6414km and 71,310m climbing. Pleased with my first year of retirement. 50% increase on 2021.

Mike_P

Guru
Damaged ankle ligaments meant no use of a push bike for 5 months accounting for the whole of summer. 970 miles / 1561 km 50882ft / 15509m climbed. After a month the physio told me to try light cycling which translated to use the ebike so that has been busy nearly all year on shopping and short commutes totalling 969 miles / 1543km and 66635ft / 20310m elevation. Combined 1939 miles / 3121km 117517ft / 35819m elevation.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
6900 miles to date (11,105km). I should clear 7000 miles by the end of the year. About 1000 miles short of what was planned.

Catching a bad dose of Covid at the end of June messed up two 600km audaxes plus other stuff and nearly six months later I'm only now recovered: the doctors told me it'd be 3-6 months to recover and they were correct.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
2,688 km (1,671 miles) so far, and unlikely to do much more in next few days. That is only about 1/3 of what I intended to do. The pandemic took my mojo and seems reluctant to give it back!

I did have a bout of Covid, a suspected blood clot, and a bad cold during the year, but most of the problem was in my head rather than my body.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just missed out on 9,000 miles with a total of 8935 from week ending 2nd January to week ending December 25th

Totals per bike:
Ribble Al-e (ebike commuter delivered in October): 618
On-One Bootzipper (Steel 29er): 742
Van Nicholas Ventus (dry weather only, best bike): 778
Giant Rapid 1 (flat bar hack): 875
Planet X Pro-Carbon (road bike): 958
Spa Elan (do it all Ti bike): 1141
On-One Pickenflick (Ti CX framed flat bar): 1311
Van Nicholas Ventus SE (all weather commuter and everything else bike): 2512

figbat

Slippery scientist
Last year I set myself a target of doing 2021 miles but fell well short what with one thing and another. This year I upped it to 2022 miles and early in the year I was well ahead of the curve. However a knee injury followed quickly by a bout of covid soon saw me behind by a significant amount, but still achievable. I got after it and am happy to reveal that to date I have managed 2072.8 miles.

Having the challenge in place really encouraged me to get out, especially on days I could easily have cried off.

Top Bottom