What was your mileage this year ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Strava tells me a disappointing 2597 on the bike, 203 jogging / running / shuffling / stumbling.

november4

1411miles, all out side, basically nothing in December due to ice n snow. My first proper full year, and learned I am happy to go out and be comfortable at 3deg C and above, don't do rain.
I live near the sea so it almost always a bit windy, 20mph is tops for safety, its normally 12-16mph unless its the glorious summer

Next year I am aiming for over 2K miles

robjh

Legendary Member
7,613 miles logged. I don’t log my utility trips and they are about 6-10 miles a week. I have about another 6.5 hours of riding planned before end of year. Likely close to 8,000 miles. I see this year as a reset after drifting as the pandemic dragged on, more lockdowns came, and events got cancelled.

As I get older I’m trying to ensure I do more strength and weight bearing exercise. Thus less time on bike than previous years. I usually aim to have two days a week off the bike.

I didn't use to count utility rides, but since a round trip to the shops from here can be anywhere from 5 to 25 miles they do add up over the year, and I started recording absolutely everything five years ago.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
2488 miles on the main bike, slightly up on last year but way down on my usual 3k miles. Hopefully a planned gentle saunter across the Netherlands in May will pull a few more miles in for this year 😀

stephec

Legendary Member
Zero on the bike.

521 running, down a bit from last year due to covid, and a foot injury that lingered for two months.

stephec

Legendary Member
😳 Why so ?

In 2015 I stopped for a month because of work and other stuff, then couldn't get going again.

I'm a field service engineer and do at least 30000 miles a year, so commuting is never an option.

I started running as it was a more time friendly way to keep fit and ended up joining a local club with a strong social side, and now half my friends seem to be running related.

Just had a look back on Strava and the last time I was on a bike was 05/04/20, doing half an hour on the turbo when I had a knee injury that stopped me running.

I don’t set myself targets: I just ride to enjoy it. 2022 was a bit up on the previous year with 15829km distance/188172m elevation or 9835 miles/617352ft. That’s about 1000km/20000m more than 2021: I had a cycling holiday in Gran Canaria in the summer; and I didn’t have a stupid fall like I did in August 2021 which stopped me cycling altogether for 6 days and took ages to fully recover from. I also did a lot less on the turbo (which isn‘t included in the numbers). Does that mean that the weather was better last year?

Commuting accounts for approx. one third of the distance (202 days) but there’s minimal elevation gain in south Manchester (about 10000m over the year). The total commute distance was about 90km more than in 2021 as I started taking a slightly longer route home to avoid the Curry Mile in the evening (IYKYK).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
In 2015 I stopped for a month because of work and other stuff, then couldn't get going again.

I'm a field service engineer and do at least 30000 miles a year, so commuting is never an option.

I started running as it was a more time friendly way to keep fit and ended up joining a local club with a strong social side, and now half my friends seem to be running related.

Just had a look back on Strava and the last time I was on a bike was 05/04/20, doing half an hour on the turbo when I had a knee injury that stopped me running.

someone i ride with has been off the bike for about 6 months and has been running too , he was getting hip/back issues that bike fits and physio couldnt solve so could not ride properly for a long time as he couldnt put any power down without it flaring up.Just been cleared to start back gently

Top Bottom