What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just another box , I wonder what it contains?

WP_20161129_003.jpg

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Just another box , I wonder what it contains?

View attachment 152923

A rocket?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A stainless steel cafetiere to replace the glass Bodum one I broke last week.
I broke 3 glass cafetieres in as many years so I bought a stainless steel one a year or so back. It is great; I use it at this time most afternoons to make my daily ration of coffee. (I have just finished my 3rd mug and am feeling livened up from my mid-afternoon slump by the big caffeine hit.)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Kindle fire, for hubster's chrissie present.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
[QUOTE 4577215, member: 259"]Did you get it in the "Back Friday" thing? It was a very good deal.

I got myself another Kindle Paperwhite to replace the one my daughter's nicked.[/QUOTE]
I did and I spent another tenner on a micro SD card for it, a decent sized one so he'll not be complaining about getting a 8gb jobbie. I am on low wages so the pressie had to reflect that. I also have coming, a lens kit to go on his mobile phone. It has a little clip on zoom, a macro and a fish-eye. A chap I work with put me on to them, his wife is an Avon lady and I am getting it through her.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I broke 3 glass cafetieres in as many years so I bought a stainless steel one a year or so back. It is great; I use it at this time most afternoons to make my daily ration of coffee. (I have just finished my 3rd mug and am feeling livened up from my mid-afternoon slump by the big caffeine hit.)
Do you pre-warm yours before you put the coffee in? Our small stainless one kills the just-off-the-boil water, it is worse than an Aeropress in that regard, but this one, an eight-cupper, seems to have thinner walls and doesn't act as much like a heat sink.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do you pre-warm yours before you put the coffee in? Our small stainless one kills the just-off-the-boil water, it is worse than an Aeropress in that regard, but this one, an eight-cupper, seems to have thinner walls and doesn't act as much like a heat sink.
Yes. I fill the cafetiere to the top with boiling water and leave it to warm up while I boil the kettle again. When the kettle has boiled the second time I pour the hot water from the cafetiere into the mugs that I am going to pour the coffee into, so they get pre-warmed too. I put the ground coffee in the pot and fill it. I give that about 5 minutes to brew. 3.5 minutes into the 5 minutes, I empty the mugs and put milk in them. I like warm milk in my coffee so I put the mugs in the microwave and heat them for a minute. By the time I take them out, the coffee is ready to be served. I cover one mug to keep it warm, while I am drinking the coffee from the other mug.

Works for me!

Top Bottom