What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
A secondhand copy of 'Total Immersion' from Amazon came today. It's a how-to-swim book if you didn't know.

Inside the book I found a small envelope with a little message on the front of it, signed Julie. Inside the envelope was a small photograph of a naked child (perhaps 6 years old) lying atop a pet dog. There's a return address sticker on the back of the envelope for a Mrs. J. something.

What do folks think? Should I post the photo to the sender, or bin it?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
A secondhand copy of 'Total Immersion' from Amazon came today. It's a how-to-swim book if you didn't know.

Inside the book I found a small envelope with a little message on the front of it, signed Julie. Inside the envelope was a small photograph of a naked child (perhaps 6 years old) lying atop a pet dog. There's a return address sticker on the back of the envelope for a Mrs. J. something.

What do folks think? Should I post the photo to the sender, or bin it?

I'd be inclined not to send it.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
If it does require a recall he will get a surprise when he plugs it in! :eek::wacko:

I have contacted Amazon and they said that there is a A in the right hand corner of the charger and that is one of the new ones that they are sending out as replacements. I have checked the charger and there is indeed, a little A in the right hand corner.

Last edited:

dim

Super Bright 32000LM CREE T6 LED Mountain Bike Light Cycling Bicycle Head Light (as a spare for my daily commuting on a very dark cycle path):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Bri...204398?hash=item33c38e236e:g:EM4AAOSwImRYNe56

s-l1600.jpg

Yesterday bought these from Evans in Naaridge for summer commuting;

IMG_20161203_154632391.jpg

Not tried them in anger yet only tried a clip test on the Shimano pedals and they were fine; probably won't get much use until next year though.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Isn't that a bit of a downgrade?
Yep, but for some reason the rear just wouldn't work and I'd already had one unit replaced under warranty. It seems to be something to do with the internal cable run and routing not allowing the inner to move smoothly so the piston never released properly and also the pads somehow kept getting contaminated with oil. Apparently when the dealer replaced the previous unit & cables, it involved a lot of bad language! So far so good with the Avid as its return spring seems to be stronger than the HY/RD release piston.

The front HY/RD, in comparison, has been faultless with the only maintenance being replacing worn out pads.

Top Bottom