What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2 of 406 X 37 Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres, 2 of 20" rim tapes and 2 of 20" X 1.75 inner tubes. All for the new Tadpole Trike I am currently building.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sometimes I get back from a hard ride and am looking forward to a relaxing shower, but then remember that there is something that I have to buy from the shops. I normally walk, but it is a pain to have to go after the shower, and I wouldn't feel like walking 1 km each way in sweaty cycling kit either. The obvious answer is to get back on the bike and cycle round there. Thing is, I don't want some toerag lifting my bike while I am in the shop. Hence, one of this year's Christmas presents from my older sister ...

OnGuard Brute u-lock.jpg

That should deter the b*st*rds! It is way too heavy to cart any distance, but it will be ideal for those short shopping trips. I might just use my old cable lock to 'secure' the front wheel of the bike - it wouldn't really offer much security, but it is a cheap wheel and I have a spare front wheel if it the original ever does get nicked. (If it does, then I will be more careful with the replacement wheel!)

PS Strictly speaking, 'postie' delivered the parcel to the P.O. for me yesterday. I walked down to the P.O. to collect it today. If I'd had a decent lock, I would have cycled there and back! :okay:

Last edited:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Replacement beaker for our 8 cup cafitiere. The old one broke as I was removing the grounds from it - I was a bit gutted about that, until Mrs M pointed out that we'd had that one for nearly 20 years.

Also a copy of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (along with a study guide) for our youngest.

A pair of shimano SDP pedals £19.99
Just cannot understand why average cyclists would use racing pedals.
And also received a little plastic widget that attaches to the fuel flap on my van and requires the passenger door to be opened to allow flap to be opened.
I,m convinced someone's syphoning off diesel during the night.

Some stuff from the This Is Cambridge sale;arm warmers,socks and oversocks.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Some neoprene glue to try and fix my overshoes from my weekend off, a new pair of overshoes for when the glue does not work and best of all some new sexy Fizik shoes which I am wearing around the office now.

Top Bottom