When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do tell us where this lucky pocket is ! The North West is sinking under mud. Even my commute is absolutely filthy.

South Cumbria. Although today it's heavy rain. Spring sun should be just around the corner again soon.

On more positive matters. We could be close to clearing the debris from three big trees we had cut down over a year ago. Decided not to shred the rest as it's started rotting, we're just going to chop it all up with some geared loppers and dump it in the corner to finish rotting down. I might even sort out the compost bins too. Empty them out, put them on flat ground then work out a rotation plan to get some good compost out of them. We've had good compost from the 275litre rubble bags we temporarily stored garden waste last year. 2 months from fresh to good compost isn't bad when all you've done is forgotten it's there.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Welcome to my world!
<<<<<< see avatar.

Seriously though; I think this is just the way it is now. Constant unsettled weather (wind and rain) no matter the season. The odd nice day thrown in here and there doesn't really cut it.

I read (or heard) some scientist years ago saying that global warming would lead to bigger extremes of weather in the future. Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime though.
Safe to say my grandkids when I get some are gonna be f***ed.

Sixmile

Veteran
I was just reading how March 2024 broke all sorts of heat records around the world. Not in blinking Norn Iron it didn't - rain, rain and extra rain.

I've lost count how times recently I've went out for a wee cycle or walk with the dog in decent weather, only to get totally drenched within the next 5 minutes.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I read (or heard) some scientist years ago saying that global warming would lead to bigger extremes of weather in the future. Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime though.

I was looking forward to the long, dry, hot summers they promised us as part of those weather extremes. What happened to that part of the deal??

I'm at the top of a hill, so at least I'll not be flooded.

I remember reading about someone that moved halfway up a mountain because they had such a fear of flooding, only to lose their home in an avalanche. If you laugh, you're going to hell.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

Yes they talk about tipping points. Once you go over them it’ll take thousands of years to revert to previous climate patterns. The tipping points are coming just a bit earlier than thought.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Doomed I tell ye...

According to provisional figures from the Met Office, 1,695.9mm of rain fell from October 2022 to March 2024. This is the highest amount of rain for any 18-month period in England since the organisation began collecting comparable data back in 1836.

Top Bottom