Where have you ever been thrown out of ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh a few nights curled up behind the speakers falling asleep in Kings nr Ilford. The base is incredibly soothing when drunk.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Oh a few nights curled up behind the speakers falling asleep in Kings nr Ilford. The base is incredibly soothing when drunk.
Ah, memories!

Isn't that an Aldi or something now? All the good clubs around there disappeared over the years, did you ever frequent the Growling Budgie on Ilford Hill?

Ah, memories!

Isn't that an Aldi or something now? All the good clubs around there disappeared over the years, did you ever frequent the Growling Budgie on Ilford Hill?
Wouldn't surprise me. The foundations would have been built on cheap spilt lager, puke and the shattered dreams of teenage lads who thought dancing to Britpop would get you laid..

Never went to Growling Budgie - probably before my time :whistle:

Rafferty

A pub, a bowling alley and a restaurant. Not on the same day though. I've been refused entry to some places, just because I turned up on my motorbike.

Possibly, it closed around '73 when the building was demolished to make way for some BT monstrosity. The GB was a very laid back place, no dress code so you could turn up in jeans and they had a good DJ and some great live bands.
Yeah, not even born by then!

Octet

Veteran
Lunch hall at school... apparantly telling a teacher that because of the increasing noise levels, you naturally have to talk louder in order to be heard and thus creating a catch 22 is not an acceptable reason to shout across the room.

Mandragora

I got thrown out of a recorder lesson for squeaking.

I got banned from taking Art and also Cookery O levels. The Art one I'd agree with. The fact that the oven door flipped back up and squashed my quiche, though, was I feel, a little harsh in respect of Home Economics.

Nothing since then, apart from going in the kids' bedrooms when they were teenagers, mostly on the grounds of 'being annoying'.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
1/ The showcase cinema when I was a nipper. My best buddy and I brought 1 ticket each and watched every film as we screen hopped all day.

2/ The bulldog bash. Well, technically not thrown out as we were never in. The entrance to the bash was part of a disused airfield so private land. We asked the on duty police that "as its private land, can we pop a few wheelies (on our motorbikes) without them getting all blue flashy about it? No problem with them (the area was large and near empty).

After about 10 minutes of one-wheel fun were rounded up by about 30 hells angels* and told to bugger off. Being told off by hells angels* for being a bit naughty has a certain irony about it.

*I say hells angels, they were on hogs and had the leather and tassels but were probably middle management types that the weekend previous were playing squash with their best friend, Tarquin, and discussing "blue sky thinking".

Top Bottom