Which Carrera?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bob275

I've had a TDF for the last year (yellow & black one). I brought this as I thought I wanted to do more road riding after being on a MTB for umpteen years. After having this for a year and having spoken to people since I realise this was a not a great decision. I think everyone I've spoken to suggested that if you want a road bike and you know a bit about bikes (or you're serious about biking) spend a little more and get a half decent spec bike, things like the carbon forks and better components. You don't want to end up with a bike you don't like riding.
Getting a test ride would be a good idea 'if' Halfords let you take them out you could find a 10 minute route to compare the ride & handling.

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
@Bob275 i feel you, got the very same bike and ended up hating it after a year :P

OP
OP
NorthernDave

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Picked the Boardman Road Comp up this morning...

Had a few minor set up tweaks to get it just right and Oh my goodness - it's like a guided missile even with my limited talents on board. I'd been pleasantly surprised by the turn of speed my MX Sport Hybrid has, but this is something else.
Even in todays blustery, showery weather I've had a smile on my face from riding away to getting back home after a cheeky 16 mile diversion, setting 4 PB's without even trying. :wahhey:

Top Bottom