whinging wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yeah, because Wiggins left school and went along to the job centre. The only job they had at the time was a 'Professional Cyclist', so he took it in the hope he would get something else better later.
20 years later and he's still in the same awful job!

It wouldn't have been so bad, but he really wanted to be a Plumber! :giggle:
But the advert he answered said "Wanted: skinny bloke to participate in obscure sport that nobody gives a stuff about, apart from a few French and Belgians and one or two weirdos who wear shorts made out of chamois leather".

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
To be fair I would find it a pain in the arse dealing with the press all the time, the trolls that follow him/team sky and the constant love letters from Louch would make me lose my nut
Dunno how froome copes with the "packages" you send his way

400bhp

Guru
We seem to have these same debates time and time again. Here and in the wider world too.

No-one is perfect, things are complicated, yet many seem to expect that, because someone is insanely talented in a very narrow part of life, they need, or will behave in a certain way outside that very niche part of life.

I'd rather he be honest and say what bothers him, rather than the glossy bland BS we so often see, not just in sport, but in many other fields too. After all, look what happens when people stop telling the truth.

buggi

Bird Saviour
I'm sure the media coverage didn't hurt his wage packet!! I think he's whinging too. He's always gonna be a celebrity but it would have only been full on for a short period of time which I'm sure was more than bearable and would have been expected. People don't strive to be the best to then want to have the world ignore them. He wanted to stand on the podium! He needs to wind his neck in.

raindog

er.....
He needs to wind his neck in.
That would be decent advice for most people commenting in this thread too.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
He is a great roder but his personality is terrible
He can be as grumpy as he likes and I'm now wondering if he'll come and sort my drains out.

I love Brad, I think that he is awesome. He can whinge as much as he likes as far as I am concerned. He might have a terrible personality to some people, but at least he has some. He's not some sporting clone, he's a bit more Rock 'n' Roll than a lot of sportspeople and I just love that. Right up there with Nastase, McEnroe & Connors in the temperament deparment (Yes I know that they are tennis people but my Mother was a fan and it's all we heard about all summer)

buggi

Bird Saviour
He can be as grumpy as he likes and I'm now wondering if he'll come and sort my drains out.

I love Brad, I think that he is awesome. He can whinge as much as he likes as far as I am concerned. He might have a terrible personality to some people, but at least he has some. He's not some sporting clone, he's a bit more Rock 'n' Roll than a lot of sportspeople and I just love that. Right up there with Nastase, McEnroe & Connors in the temperament deparment (Yes I know that they are tennis people but my Mother was a fan and it's all we heard about all summer)
Lol you do have a point, it is a bit more entertaining

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
Some of these responses have been peculiar. I don't think I was suggesting that only a perfectly flawless person should be allowed to win a competition, especially one so hard to win as the TdeF. I am also sure that the media hounding that goes on around celebrities would drive me nuts and the temptation to tell then all to FofF would be ever present but that win was a few years ago and complaining about it now in a newspaper is whinging.

Top Bottom