whinging wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Some of these responses have been peculiar. I don't think I was suggesting that only a perfectly flawless person should be allowed to win a competition, especially one so hard to win as the TdeF. I am also sure that the media hounding that goes on around celebrities would drive me nuts and the temptation to tell then all to FofF would be ever present but that win was a few years ago and complaining about it now in a newspaper is whinging.

Or is it rubbish reporting.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Wiggins has been able to transition from the track to the TDF to world TT and win at the highest level, he's the more complete cyclist of the two in my opinion, yes Froome could probably of won in 2012 but GT's are a team effort and you need a plan and a principle rider.

Make of this what you will; Was in the queue for the loo's at the Herne Hill good Friday meet a few years ago when Wiggins joined the queue behind me, at this point he'd won multiple Olympic track titles but had only just started his serious road career, he only jumped the queue when we all insisted he did as he was due to start the scratch race shortly.

iLB

Hello there
%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%20Bradley%20Wiggins.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
In a TV documentary his Missus said something along the lines that she had two husbands, Bradley the husband and the kids' dad, who was a great guy, and Bradley the cyclist who was a *beep*.

Plenty of sports stars have been a bit edgy: Daley Thompson, Ian Botham, Steve Ovett ... and so on. The need to be so competitive I guess can turn up some odd personality traits elsewhere sometimes.

Wiggins has been able to transition from the track to the TDF to world TT and win at the highest level, he's the more complete cyclist of the two in my opinion, yes Froome could probably of won in 2012 but GT's are a team effort and you need a plan and a principle rider.
And if Froome hadn't conformed to the team orders that year he couldn't have expected Richie Porte to drop back and get him an illegal gel in 2013.

In a TV documentary his Missus said something along the lines that she had two husbands, Bradley the husband and the kids' dad, who was a great guy, and Bradley the cyclist who was a *beep*.

Plenty of sports stars have been a bit edgy: Daley Thompson, Ian Botham, Steve Ovett ... and so on. The need to be so competitive I guess can turn up some odd personality traits elsewhere sometimes.
Ian Botham wins, buzzing the cricket ground in an light aeroplane whilst nicely toasted is just legendary.

Top Bottom