Who did you rescue today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
I stopped and provided cleaning wipes and plasters to a dad and his little boy who had come off his bike today.
I've often stopped to check people are ok, they usually are.
I was extremely grateful when a chap pushed my car out of the way, when it broke down at lights.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I help talk a woman out of jumping off a motorway bridge on Sunday. She didn't have a bike though.
:eek: :bravo:
**the pump was a very nice small dual-action thing which the guy said cost only a few ££ from Tesco in one of their sales: I'll certainly keep an eye for one, because it was a wee cracker ! :thumbsup:
I've got that pump, it's good for a tenner, but not as good as Edinburgh Bike Coop own brand mini track pump for £ 20.00.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

I rescued myself today :laugh:
Slow puncture half way into work, kept pumping :ohmy: fixed it proper after my shift.
On the way back another cyclist wanted to rescue me from the dual carriage way, telling me "you know, this is still a cycle pavement"
Afraid I growled back a wee bit "yes, I know, been doing this route for 3 years"
Truth is, was undecided if I could be bothered to go shopping or not, so when I turned back into the pavement for a quicker way home, he thought I was confused :laugh:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

When a woman can't decide about going shopping, all us men-types have a right to get confused.:whistle:
It was only food shopping I was considering :laugh:
Anyway, this is the second time a random guy on a bike feels the need to tell me I should be on the cycle path :dry:

jack smith

Veteran
Not today but recently I helped a lovley old man, he fought in the falklands and had two puntures i patched him up and pumped up hos tyres then guided him to the local pub where he could meet up with family , on the otherside of that today i helped a few groups of public service college students run their 1.5 mile fitness test and got plenty of abuse lol! I dont know what they were complaining about i had to do it 7 times!

Remember to help anyone that looks in need and their is never harm in asking people that have stopped they may just be too scared or shy to ask! Unless its someone you see often and they always give you a dirty look or rolled eyes when you say hi or wave . Then ride as i also did not too long ago! :laugh:

Top Bottom