Who did you rescue today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Wrong!
I like being an old duffer. A crabbit old duffer at that. It takes a lot of pressure off, in the way of expectations :thumbsup:.
Grumpy old man :laugh: ;)

Technically not today, but as I approached the bike stand on way home yesterday a familiar face was waiting... a colleague had a flat and absolutely no way of pumping/repairing the tube. Good job I'm always prepared or it would have been a long walk home for her. Haha...

joggingbob

I stopped last week when I saw a guy pushing his bike with a flat rear tyre. I offered him my puncture repair kit and he said thanks but confessed that he did not know how to fix a puncture. I repaired the tyre for him, showing him how, and he was soon on his way and very grateful - which lifted my spirits as well.

RedRider

Pulling through
Today I fixed a puncture on my manager's bike at great personal risk (of being thought teacher's pet).

I've helped a couple of people in the last few months. I guided a touring fella across town so he could make a train connection and re-positioned the real wheel on a woman's bike after her track nuts loosened.

For wannabe Samaritans a 15mm spanner is a good thing to have, it's surprising how many singlespeed riders don't carry one.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
For wannabe Samaritans a 15mm spanner is a good thing to have, it's surprising how many singlespeed riders don't carry one.
True, I always carry one even if on my quick release bike.
Once I loaned said spanner to a lady that knew how to change a tube, but had no spanner. When I gave her mine, she was not strong enough to undo the nuts, 'cause her hubby did them up. I managed :training:, left her the spanner, dashed to work, then she left it for me at the lbs.

Top Bottom