Who rides in basic trainers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
Did I mention a bike shop...you use someone who knows what they are doing, which may or may not be someone in a bike shop.....500 miles a month = lot of time to spend putting pressure on 3 contact points. If your set up is slightly out it will create issues. Looking online for a solution is going to be hit and miss. For you it's a miss.

So, what you should have said is something along the lines of "I had problems with clip in shoes as no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get them set up right. I didn't have money to spend on getting someone who knows what they are doing to set me up properly so it was best for me to use normal shoes"

There we go.

Go for a ride a chill the chuff out will you? I've just got to work and am having a few minutes down time while I cool down and my notifications are all you getting shirty with someone for having a different opinion that you about what works for them.

Sorry to reply to posts directed at you @Brandane

400bhp

Guru
Go for a ride a chill the chuff out will you? I've just got to work and am having a few minutes down time while I cool down and my notifications are all you getting shirty with someone for having a different opinion that you about what works for them.

Seriously, no one should have issues with aches and pains from wearing clipless shoes. But appreciate a bit of time and possibly a bit of money may need to be spent to achieve that, which not everyone wants to do (spend the time or the money).

And, yes I am a bit grumpy this morning. Long week at work so no usual sat morning bike ride for me.:bicycle:

KneesUp

Guru
Seriously, no one should have issues with aches and pains from wearing clipless shoes. But appreciate a bit of time and possibly a bit of money may need to be spent to achieve that, which not everyone wants to do (spend the time or the money).

And, yes I am a bit grumpy this morning. Long week at work so no usual sat morning bike ride for me.:bicycle:

I'm at work again - I haven't had a day off since June (self employed, training new staff) but yeah, I'm sure you're working week excuses you being rude to someone who has tried something you like and doesn't like it.

Do you like pizza? I don't, not really. I've tried it lots of times though. Is my opinion valid, or am I just too poor and stupid to make them properly?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I did say I ride in whatever I want to wear (my flip flops have thickish soles - for flip flops). One I can recommend not to try is those beach shoes you get when you go to pebbly beaches, at least not for rides over 5 miles. (My other shoes that I had access to that day were either completely soaked or too nice to get wet, can't remember which but I thought I might as well give it a try).

RhythMick

Über Member
When I took up cycling a few years ago I did my research and bought the gear including SPDs. Always hated them but persevered for 6 months. I like to be able to choose my route as I go and mix up surfaces, which is why I went for the CAADX. Anything muddy or unstable and I just found I wasn't enjoying the ride. Worst was muddy paths by canals where I was in constant fear of going into the water with a bike clipped to my feet.

Eventually I gave up and turned to flats and rediscovered the joys of cycling. Each to their own so I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone, but do what feels good for you.

Shortly after I turned to flats I had a serious fall and tore my posterior cruceate ligament. Would that have been worse or better with spds? Who knows.

400bhp

Guru
I'm at work again - I haven't had a day off since June (self employed, training new staff) but yeah, I'm sure you're working week excuses you being rude to someone who has tried something you like and doesn't like it.

Do you like pizza? I don't, not really. I've tried it lots of times though. Is my opinion valid, or am I just too poor and stupid to make them properly?
Your comparison with liking pizza and how comfortable clipless shoes are is rather stupid so you put yourself into the stupid box there fella.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
Nice trainers................................:ohmy:.
bold_and_beautiful_bicycle_riding_babes_640_60.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Love my flat pedals and might treat myself to a pair of Five Ten shoes when I have spare cash but, until then perfectly happy with my trainers. Certainly appreciated them on a ten mile walk when my chain broke! (Now carry chain tool and spare link)

iggibizzle

I wear any trainers but have the retro style toe strap things. Doesn't make much difference on smooth flat ground. But like having my feet secure over rough ground. And can zip up hills much better. Will get the proper clip in shoes one day. But for now they do me fine.

Top Bottom