Why aren't toilet bowls coated with teflon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
This would make cleaning much easier and would make up for the poor quality of the glazes on modern toilets compared to the old victorian ones.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
it'd never stick.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Next you'll be asking why no one uses that horrible slippy izal toilet paper anymore as well.:thumbsdown:

The answer's simple. It's over £5 per roll and you can only get it in a used condition.

Screen shot 2014-09-19 at 11.13.04.png

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The answer's simple. It's over £5 per roll and you can only get it in a used condition.

View attachment 56762

What? £16.00? Bl00dy hell. And USED as well. I should think people would get the same effect using tracing paper, and it would seem tracing paper would be cheaper as well.

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
There's nothing wrong with modern glaze, it's still the same old stuff; the WCs are still manufactured in a town called Vitreous, in China.
Compared to the Victorian stuff it's crap. New loos seem to discolour very quickly and take more cleaning. Older loos seem to have a much better and less porous glaze which stays cleaner for longer, is easier to clean and when cleaned comes up gleaming. You could eat your dinner off a victorian loo. I wouldn't want to try it off a modern one, thank you very much.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Compared to the Victorian stuff it's crap. New loos seem to discolour very quickly and take more cleaning. Older loos seem to have a much better and less porous glaze which stays cleaner for longer, is easier to clean and when cleaned comes up gleaming. You could eat your dinner off a victorian loo. I wouldn't want to try it off a modern one, thank you very much.
Sounds like a bespoke loo would be the answer. Proper glazing spec and even shaped to your, er, rear

Top Bottom