Why aren't toilet bowls coated with teflon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Either aim better or use a long drop.Simples:thumbsup:
Good suggestions both and I thank you for them but this is not the main issue here. Even employing both of these tactics a teflon loo would be ace. Or at least the reintroduction of good old Victorian glazes.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You probably could eat your dinner off one. The average tea towel has more germs than the average bog seat.

I can confirm that when I took samples from the staff kitchen and the urinals at a school where i worked. Very few colonies grew from the urinal samples. The colonies from the staff kitchen nearly forced the lid off the petri dish.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Unilever will tell you that it's only the British who are obsessed with germs under the rim. And yes, the average WC is cleaner than the average tea towel because the enamel is a dry desert where bacteria are concerned and the few that do grow get washed off, whereas there's nothing better than a nice warm moist tea towel with bits of rotting food stuck to it.

And yes, ColinJ is right - our diets contain much more fat nowadays so the results are more fatty.

classic33

Leg End Member
The answer's simple. It's over £5 per roll and you can only get it in a used condition.

View attachment 56762
Not true, on sale at Tesco's & Sainsburys.
Sandpaper's running low.
CAM00072.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom