Why don't you post on Society, Culture & Politics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It has taken me ages to read all 18 pages of this and I've now got a bit of a headache.
My only question is, and being new I feel it ok to ask, where is this bloody forum/thread? I can't find it at all and I'm in the mood for some serious reading (quiet day at work and all that)

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
You will have to make a few more posts before you can see it.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's very amusing to see which people think the 'not having a bike' thing refers to them and are rushing to denial ^_^.
I don't know why anyone's concerned.

Experience in the UK shows that it's ok for people with only a passing acquaintance with cycling to design cycling facilities. Letting people who don't cycle post on fora nominally dedicated to cycling seems comparatively trivial, really.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
the mods will tell you off.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I like to read the various threads, but only ever contribute if I have something I feel would benefit others or prompt someone with an entrenched view to think a bit wider about what they have posted. However that latter is very rare, as I hold some views and values of my own, and participate in some activities which across daily life cause huge entrenched rifts between polarized factions. I know that the conclusions I have reached have been based on personal experience and my own psychological makeup, and so are a unique set of factors which lead me to behave and think as I do. That's not to say I'm entrenched myself, as I like to read widely and have learnt over the years to consider others' perspectives in order to try and understand how they have reached their own conclusions, and faced with enough evidence will occasionally modify my own beliefs. What I particularly dislike is being told I ought to agree with another's opinions especially if it is embodied in an ideology or theology. Life isn't that binary, and the Pavlovian reactions I often see showcased in the threads are often so embittered and reproachful that I make a conscious decision not to participate. I like to gather my own evidence, and form my own opinion. That's me, not what others think I should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom