Women are amazing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a haircut today before I went to work. When I got home at around 1.30 this morning, Ms RT was fast asleep. I crept into the bedroom without turning any lights on - it was pitch dark - to say goodnight, and the first thing she said, without waking up as far as I could tell, was "what happened to your hair?". Now, I'm a pretty good "new man" - I can cook, I sometimes iron things, I wash up and so forth - but it usually takes me a few days to notice when Camilla's had a trim. How, in the name of everything, did she notice that I'd had a haircut while she was asleep in a darkened bedroom?;):smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Freshly cut hair prickles, especially if it is short. ;)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think, RT, it's a question of practice. Despite a bit of a shortage on the old Dellzeqq bonce I've found that hair observation can be improved if you put a bit of effort in to it. I'm not saying that you'll ever be able to spot a highlighting job in complete darkness, but, then again, even if you put your heart and soul in to it, you're a bit of a late starter.

Set yourself a task. Make a list of fifteen women you meet on a regular basis and jot down all that you know about their hair. And, when next you meet them, take notice of any little curl, or variation in colour. If you see a curl that is just a little springier than your recollection, or a bit of layering that looks freshly done, or that the cut is quite sharp, particularly at the nape of the neck, say something like 'hey, new hair'. There's no absolute requirement to clap your hands, roll your eyes, or breathe like the world is running short of oxygen, but, then again, don't stint if the mood takes you. soon you will be a hair afficionado, and you'll be able to move on to making hair remarks to the men of your aquaintance...........

Mr Pig

Men just don't give a sh**. I normally takes me a week to notice my wife's done her hair. She used to ask me things like 'Do you remember what I was wearing on such-and-such a day?' but she's given up as I never do. I don't remember what I had for diner last night.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mine asks me to repeat what she's just said to me. Luckily over the years I have developed a buffer between the ears that holds everything for just long enough before it goes out the other side so I can usually replay her last two or three complaints or insults.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Rigid Raider said:
Mine asks me to repeat what she's just said to me. Luckily over the years I have developed a buffer between the ears that holds everything for just long enough before it goes out the other side so I can usually replay her last two or three complaints or insults.

Jammy sod! I am rubbish at that game recalling what my darling wife has just said to me. :smile:

Mr Pig

Rigid Raider said:
Mine asks me to repeat what she's just said to me.

I don't give a s*** any more. I'll interrupt her mid sentence and say "Why are you telling me this? I'm not interested." "What did you just say? No idea..."

I'm too old to be bothered with this fake niceness. I prefer being honest and that way when you do say something nice she knows you mean it. Said something nice the other week actually, or was it last year...

Top Bottom