Woss and Brand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Look, I don't care if they overstepped the mark, it was terrible or just a bit of fun. It's all irrelevant. I don't want Ross fired because of this incident, I just want him fired! They can fire him for any old reason they like but can we just see the back of him please? :0)

just jim

"Did you just drink and dial?" could be shortened to:

"Did you just dial?"

Anyway, we've knocked them orf their pedastil wotsit a bit an that eh guv!

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

gratts said:
but the improvised song, with Ross on backing vocals was just genius.

Genius? How depressing is the McDonald's, Play Station generation? :0( Used to be you had to achieve something pretty special to be regarded as a genius. Now you just need to behave like a twelve-year-old boy who's downed two cans of lager.

KitsuneAndy

Thing is, if Sachs didn't know about it until someone phoned his agent and asked for his comments. They probably didn't even actually leave a phone message, just sampled his voicemail message.

Is it really still such a slur if Brand HAS slept with her?

Only 2 people phoned up on the day of broadcast to complain about the swearing, not the content of what was said. Now it's just spread to everyone who wants to stick their oar in who were 'shocked and offended' despite not hearing it in the first place.

I did chuckle when it showed a queue of people outside BBC headquarters and it was saying they were all complaining about it.... Not one of them looked under 60 ;)

Greedo

6971.jpg

KitsuneAndy said:
Thing is, if Sachs didn't know about it until someone phoned his agent and asked for his comments. They probably didn't even actually leave a phone message, just sampled his voicemail message.

Is it really still such a slur if Brand HAS slept with her?

Only 2 people phoned up on the day of broadcast to complain about the swearing, not the content of what was said. Now it's just spread to everyone who wants to stick their oar in who were 'shocked and offended' despite not hearing it in the first place.

I did chuckle when it showed a queue of people outside BBC headquarters and it was saying they were all complaining about it.... Not one of them looked under 60 ;)

KitsuneAndy

Watching the news, it looked like Mr Sachs wasn't actually that fussed. Just thought it was a bit out of order, however, his granddaughter has sold her story to the Sun..

She is apparantly offended at being called 'that name' in public and said it will impact the rest of her life... Which is odd, because 'satanic slut' wasn't really an insult, it's the name of the burlesque group she dances with.

Brand has just quit the BBC though, a move to protect Ross from further action?

surfgurl

Apparently Sach's Granddaughter has a new publicist. A certain Mr Max Clifford. Apparently he was appointed sometime between the radio show and all the publicity surrounding it. Funny that.
As for Ross and Brand. I have a suspicious mind and suspect Brand just got offered a better deal by another broadcaster.

surfgurl said:
Apparently Sach's Granddaughter has a new publicist. A certain Mr Max Clifford.

Ah. Well, that explains everything. I'd sooner be stuck in a lift with Ross and Brand than that Clifford self-gratification artist.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

User3143 said:
I think the whole thing has got out of hand.

Totally. But I don't think that's the point. I don't think the witch hunt we're witnessing is just a reaction to this particular incident. I think that what we're seeing is an outpouring of bottled up frustration with the sinking standards within broadcasting typified by these two clowns.

Thousands of people, who've been fed up with the gutter-mouthed antics of people like Ross for a long time but felt unable to make their voices heard, have jumped at an opportunity to get their point across. To let those in power know that they can't keep dragging broadcasting standards down without eventually facing a backlash. Quite right too.

This was always going to happen. People were just waiting for the right opportunity.

KitsuneAndy

Mr Pig said:
Totally. But I don't think that's the point. I don't think the witch hunt we're witnessing is just a reaction to this particular incident. I think that what we're seeing is an outpouring of bottled up frustration with the sinking standards within broadcasting typified by these two clowns.

Thousands of people, who've been fed up with the gutter-mouthed antics of people like Ross for a long time but felt unable to make their voices heard, have jumped at an opportunity to get their point across. To let those in power know that they can't keep dragging broadcasting standards down without eventually facing a backlash. Quite right too.

This was always going to happen. People were just waiting for the right opportunity.

I'd say crap like Strictly Come Dancing was more dragging broadcasting standards down than Film 2008 and Friday Night..

MichaelM

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
It's not offensive (well, not to me), but it certainly isn't funny. And I mean just that ... I sat through the whole YouTube clip without cracking a smile.

+1

bloody hell, it didn't half drag....

Top Bottom