Woss and Brand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rhythm Thief said:
It's not offensive (well, not to me), but it certainly isn't funny. And I mean just that ... I sat through the whole YouTube clip without cracking a smile.

+2. God that was ............ I can't think of an adequate adjective!;)

Slowgrind

And once again half of the country get ready to defend a bunch of dickheads? Ask your self who`s making money and getting the kind of publicity that money can`t buy? But thats not what it`s all about is it? Let`s have a phone vote!

Apeman

Über Member
Rudeness is the in thing these days and considered by some to be cool especially by more than a few so-called celebs. As we pay their wages we expect them and the broadcasters to set certain standards which they dont. We expect these people to be role models to the young but they fail miserably. Not all of us want to hear swearing and cursing on the telly consistently so why arent stricter controls in place. Keep the airwaves clean!

"Ms Baillie, 23, a member of the burlesque dance troupe the Satanic Sluts Extreme, said that she was “thrilled because justice has been done”. She was at the centre of a newspaper bidding war and could earn £50,000 from her story."

And there you have it. That's the other side of the equation: there's no point being offended these days if you can't make some money out of it.

I think Mr Brand and Mr Ross should be sacked for good.
Brand is pratt and Ross just loves himself and wants to be the centre of attention so they deserve all they get

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Rhythm Thief said:
"Ms Baillie, 23, a member of the burlesque dance troupe the Satanic Sluts Extreme, said that she was “thrilled because justice has been done”. She was at the centre of a newspaper bidding war and could earn £50,000 from her story."

And there you have it. That's the other side of the equation: there's no point being offended these days if you can't make some money out of it.

Which is the shabby side to the story.

There is one view according to which the only thing that matters is whether or not Mr Sachs and/or his granddaughter took offence. Had the whole thing happened out of the public eye that would be the only view to take and there would have been grounds for compensation to be paid.

However, the whole reason for the otherwise pointless existence of Messrs Ross and Brand is that they are in the public eye and they must therefore act with a degree of decorum and decency. That fact that they so blatantly didn't do that is adequate grounds for their sacking. Their ultimate paymasters, the license paying public, seems to be unhappy with them.

gratts

Their ultimate paymasters, the license paying public, seems to be unhappy with them.

At the time of the airing, with 2m listeners, there had been 2 complaints, both for the swearing. 1 week later, it gets into the papers, 30,000 complaints and I bet most of them hadn't even heard it live or at all. They just read it in the Daily Mail. That's ridiculous.

gavintc

Guru
I have mixed emotion with this one. We need 'cutting edge' humour or we would all still be listening to the goon show. Sometimes, comedians go over that edge, and in this one, they did. But, I do not think it is a hanging offence and believe that this has been developed by the media into a perfect storm to allow them to sell papers and magazines on a nice salacious story; an edgy comedian had sex with a girl in a group with name that suggests she enjoys sex. This is classic Daily Mail territory to allow their readers a little excitement in their otherwise boring lives.

Top Bottom