Your bad Hotel Experiences.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
This thread makes me want to stay at home.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sadly many of the hotels and B&Bs in Britain are in a terrible state; they thrived before cheap air travel and are now clinging on for grim death. The best thing that could happen would be a tsunami, wiping out all British holiday resorts so everything could be cleaned up and rebuilt. The problem with a tsunami in Blackpool would be that all the asylum seekers and DSS dossers would get washed over the Fylde and would end up here in the lovely Ribble Valley clinging to beer barrels and cartons of smuggled ciggies.

U

User169

It's near my house, I often visit the Plantation Garden next door. One day last year I popped down and the hotel staff had propped a mattress that someone had urinated on against the garden wall, to dry in the sun.

When I lived in Norwich (20 years ago) it had quite a decent reputation.

We stayed in a Hotel just outside Newcastle

ON arrival we were greeted by the Landlady who asked us if we required the sheets to be changed as the previous guests had only been there a couple of nights

Me and my girlfriend got a night flight back from Greece and stayed in a Bethnal Green hotel. The receptionist walked us to our room, spraying air freshener as he went.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Fantastic!
one.jpg

"When I said that the guests outside were not happy and nor was my family, and what kind of knocking shop was this, she asked me to leave or she’d set the dog on me. I noticed a black dog under the desk.

‘Seriously?’ I said, ‘you’ll set your dog on me?’ ‘Yes’, she said, ‘why do you think it’s here?’"

Yeah, there's no receptionist, you get texted the code to open your door, so working girls started using the hotel. Families checked in a saw a sweaty middle aged man emerge from the room next door with a sheepish look on his face.

When I lived in Norwich (20 years ago) it had quite a decent reputation.

It's a beautiful Georgian building and used to run a pretty good restaurant. The new owners bought the place for a mil and it's shocking what they've done.

Don't have enough money for curtains? Simply white wash the windows and say goodbye to expensive blinds misery!

Top Bottom