Your bad Hotel Experiences.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Many years ago stayed in a B and B when working in middlesborough. My colleague and I shared a room. He asked the owner for an alarm call in the morning which we duly received. Not as expected though with a phone call or perhaps even loud knock on the door.... We awoke with a fright finding the owner had let himself into the room and shook my colleague awake. Left us wondering how long he had been there before waking him! Thankfully he was in the bed closest to the door.
Someone I used to work with was a sleepwalker. He once sleepwalked out of his hotel room, down the corridor, into another man's unlocked room and got into bed with him ... Apparently the victim was out of bed and standing in the corridor in his PJs in about 2 seconds flat! :laugh:

My colleague's shoes had gone missing that night. An intensive search eventually located them - buried in a large cactus-plant pot at the end of the corridor ... :wacko:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Someone I used to work with was a sleepwalker. He once sleepwalked out of his hotel room, down the corridor, into another man's unlocked room and got into bed with him ... Apparently the victim was out of bed and standing in the corridor in his PJs in about 2 seconds flat!
I once lived in a shared house whose landlord, while a fine fellow and also a sound chap was also something of a boozer. One night a new tenant was awoken by her landlord stumbling into the room, walking over to the laundry basket, lifting the lid, and taking a piss before replacing the lid and stumbling back out of the room. As one of her co-tenants put it the next morning, 'if you think about it, it could have been worse'.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I once lived in a shared house whose landlord, while a fine fellow and also a sound chap was also something of a boozer. One night a new tenant was awoken by her landlord stumbling into the room, walking over to the laundry basket, lifting the lid, and taking a piss before replacing the lid and stumbling back out of the room. As one of her co-tenants put it the next morning, 'if you think about it, it could have been worse'.
I'm now trying to remember who sleepwalked into his parent's bedroom and peed in their wardrobe! :laugh:

(It wasn't me! I can't remember if it was a friend of mine or someone here on CC ...)

buggi

Bird Saviour
It was more funny than bad... I stayed at a bed and breakfast with my mate once and, when we got there, the couple who owned it were really weird. They showed us to our room and when they shut the door behind them, there was a fake bookcase on the back of the door, making the door look like it wasn't there. We looked round and it was flowery wallpaper and bedspread and the most awful curtains... Only when we pulled back the curtain, there was no window!! It was just a plain wall and it made it look like there was no way out... No door, no window. It was like going into the twilight zone.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the local pub was like that pub out of American Werewolf in London. The locals stared at us all night. The whole night was surreal.

screenman

Legendary Member
British hotel Bangor, I spent the night sleeping in full motorcycling gear in including crash helmet, total dump.

I once had the misfortune to stay at the Terminus Hotel in Aba, eastern Nigeria. The rooms were in bunglows going down the hill to the river Niger and completely open, with no security. There was green slime running down the wall from the air conditioner, the basin was broken and only one tap working, with brown water trickling out. When you opened the bathroom door you heard cockroaches scuttling for cover. There were African body hairs in the bed like curled up watch springs and the pillows stank of dirty hair. I was just staring at all this aghast when there was a bang, the lock flew across the room and there was a man with his leg frozen in a kicking-in posture, obviously surprised to find me in the room. He made an excuse and went and fiddled with the broken AC and left without the suitcase he had come to steal. I slept with all the furniture piled against the plywood door and a waste paper bin on top with an ashtray on top of that, balanced so it would fall off if disturbed.

On another trip to Aba we endured shocking traffic and a burst tyre and arrived exhausted and thirsty well after dark at the "B&B". I asked the barman for a cold beer and he replied: "There is no beer, this is a Christian guest house!"

In "the trade" those hairs are known as spring washers.

classic33

Leg End Member
It was more funny than bad... I stayed at a bed and breakfast with my mate once and, when we got there, the couple who owned it were really weird. They showed us to our room and when they shut the door behind them, there was a fake bookcase on the back of the door, making the door look like it wasn't there. We looked round and it was flowery wallpaper and bedspread and the most awful curtains... Only when we pulled back the curtain, there was no window!! It was just a plain wall and it made it look like there was no way out... No door, no window. It was like going into the twilight zone.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the local pub was like that pub out of American Werewolf in London. The locals stared at us all night. The whole night was surreal.
Taking bets on your survival chances..

Weirdest one was was cycle touring through Northumberland and stayed on Lindisfarne.

We had a short trip to catch the tides so wanted somewhere around Alnmouth raea.

The Schooner hotel was recommended on a cycling website so we booked it.

Then then we arrived we found

schooner-hotel-haunted.jpg

... and discovered that:

Must say I slept well, wasn't disturbed and the only peculiar noise was my bowels.

Another one was a hotel in Gatehouse of Fleet where there was a small door in the wall about 2 foot square.

Thought it would be a meter or something....

No it was a tunnel disappearing as far as the torch would shine!

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
The cheaper rooms in an EasyHotel are on the inside of the building, so have no windows, and the walls are painted plastic or metal. It's like staying in a switched-off walk-in freezer.

Hotel on the C2C at Lowca.

Landlady showed us to the room and then explained how they were always careful to match the bedspread with the curtains and bedding.... then folded the bedspread and removed it along with the matching pillows!

Then we decided to have a cup of tea, and the TV went off!

Checked socket to find an extension lead running from neet door through the shower and everything plugged into the single socket via an adapter

Having said that the local pub was a revelation. superb supper, and in the corner a record player with CDs and records that you could play. They would have been nicked on the first night in Portsmouth

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Some years ago, me and Mrs rp at a less than tender age, had booked into a backpackers hotel in Oz without realising. When we told the cabbie where we wanted to be taken, he almost píssed himself laughing.
It was pretty gruesome but it was only one night and very cheap.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Another one was a hotel in Gatehouse of Fleet where there was a small door in the wall about 2 foot square.

Thought it would be a meter or something....

No it was a tunnel disappearing as far as the torch would shine!
That's fookin creepy.

Stayed at the ITC Hotel in Amsterdam. On my last day I left my suitcase in reception and went to the Hortus Botanicus in shorts and t shirt, wandering around the tropical house and butterfly greenhouse. Went back to the hotel and my suitcase was gone. Told reception and they hummed and pondered then decided the previous guests had just checked out and taken my case. I got their names, Googled them and found out the woman worked for the NHS. I called her number and she said she was on the way to The Hook and her step children may have loaded my case by mistake, could I describe the contents? I said "There's a hundred tulip bulbs, a paperback of The Slap and a kilo of heroin". She screamed down the phone and I said "I was joking. Can you get the case back to me?" She said no, she had a ferry to catch. I was in Amsterdam in sweaty shorts, holding just my passport and wallet. Nothing else. In the end I had a cracking night that night, called my boss and explained and had a high old time. Got the suitcase delivered by courier couple of days later.

Top Bottom