Your bad Hotel Experiences.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
.... another one

Stayed at a rather bizarre hotel in ST Albans, then when I came back home, saw that this young lady had been filming there:

The_Hotel_Inspector_Returns-400x266.jpg

Again, although haunted, I had an undisturbed night..... having said that Alex Polizzi could disturb by sleep any time

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I'm not sure it was the worst motel I've ever stayed (actually found it was quite pleasant) but was woken up by my wife shaking me.....

The room directly below was subject to a police/FBI raid as the people below were dealing heroin. Apparently I slept through a door being broken down, and many police shouting at the top of their voice "Police, on the ground, now!". I've never been forgiven for this as I got up (still feeling a bit groggy mind you) looked out of the window, saw the 10 State Police cruisers and FBI cars, casually stated the raid looked like it was over.... and went back to bed to fall asleep again (what can I say? I was tired!). My wife stayed up throughout all the night after that......

Another two hotels

One outside Newcastle where the waitress was not dissimilar

We had a superb meal the previous night, but breakfast was a half cooked uniform grey mess.... hen we found out why

She was cleaning the bar as well, mainly by necking all the residue from the glasses

T'other was Edenhall where it was like stepping back to a 1940'shotel (in a good way)

There was a woman in full uniform at a lectern in the corner who ruled with a rod of iron

The waitresses would be summonsed and told "Service, Table 9". "Clear Table 6", "Main Course, Table 5"

Service was exemplary

Bungay in Essex

We were cycle touring and we arrived at the booked hotel to find everything locked up

Eventually someone opened the door to tell us that they had been inspected the day before and been closed down!

We also profited in Cardiff.

Booked an "accessible" room to house the wife's wheelchair .. when we arrived the bed was used, the towels, and a large turd floating in the loo

Manager was summonsed and was apoplectic!

The cleaning supervisor was equally unhappy and couldn't understand how.

We were given a penthouse suite for our two nights as these also had "wet rooms" and compensation for the problems

Following morning manager came and informed us that apparently one of the employees had "personal problems" and had been living in unbooked rooms.... and as the acdessile suite wa less commonly booked, had been the room of choice

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A work colleague was sent on a training course and on arriving at his hotel was allocated a room in the annexe across the car park.
On entering "his" room he was surprised to find an open suitcase on the bed and someone's clothes hung up. He then heard the shower running and the sound of someone in the bathroom.
At this point he beat a hasty retreat and virtually ran back to reception where they first refused to believe him before having a huge argument between themselves about who was to blame for giving him an already occupied room...

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I'm not sure it was the worst motel I've ever stayed (actually found it was quite pleasant) but was woken up by my wife shaking me.....

The room directly below was subject to a police/FBI raid as the people below were dealing heroin. Apparently I slept through a door being broken down, and many police shouting at the top of their voice "Police, on the ground, now!". I've never been forgiven for this as I got up (still feeling a bit groggy mind you) looked out of the window, saw the 10 State Police cruisers and FBI cars, casually stated the raid looked like it was over.... and went back to bed to fall asleep again (what can I say? I was tired!). My wife stayed up throughout all the night after that......

You reminded me of our honeymoon hotel in Wales. We had the misfortune to share it with Liverpool Football Club. On the Saturday night the players apparently objected to the bar closing and started a punchup. We watched one of them being taken away in a police car, a very Welsh sergeant commenting "you may get away with that in Liverpool boyo but you won't get away with it here".:bravo: Then, of course, there were reporters in the car park the following morning asking us if we'd seen any of the action. :whistle:

That was, however, a very nice hotel.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We stayed in a small hotel in the mountains of Corsica for some of our honeymoon. We were otherwise engaged in our room early one afternoon when, unannounced, a large matronly employee unlocked our door and led a plumber in, barking orders at him. We were completely ignored.
Fortunately, the hotel miscalculated our bill by a few hundred francs when we checked out a few days later..... and my sense of honesty went out of la fenetre.

Last edited:
Top Bottom