Your EU result predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I don't give a shite, I'm not going to vote.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Sorry but that is terrible, you should have made up your mind by now.
As the result concerns me and I don't have a vote, can I please use yours?
I don't see it as terrible. I have just been thinking about it, that's all. I'll probably still be thinking about with an open mind when I step into the polling booth at 9.30 pm today. After that moment, Lord knows what will happen.

Public and road transport a flipping dusaster this morning around south east. Hope it doesn't affect people getting out to vote.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
My polling station was very busy at 8.45 a.m. - there were people queuing...

I was chatting to one of the polling staff (who had nipped out for a quick fag) and she was saying they'd been busy since opening the doors. What had surprised them was the number of young people coming to vote. They were tending to come in groups to vote.
Young people? In a university town? Whatever next? Oldies in Eastbourne? Footballers in Cheshire?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE 4334127, member: 43827"]The sad part of this referendum is that both sides of the argument are based on fear, not on confidence.

Fear of those nasty EU types not dealing with us if we leave, or fear of being overrun by Johnny Foreigner if we stay.[/QUOTE]

I think the most worrying aspect of this is that, regardless of which side prevails, the country is almost split down the middle on the issue. It's going to be a very difficult task to get the country onside with the decision when half of then think it was the wrong decision

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Not really, this one by its binary nature is a lot more polarized.

Also as it extends beyond party politics, people seem a lot more willing to talk about their voting intentions, the taboo of asking a friend or a colleague how they would vote in a GE is not so apparent in this referendum.

Not only that, you have the emotive nature of each of the campaigns, with Leaves protectionism and Remains altruism.

Whatever happens in this vote, about 50% of the UKs population are going to be pretty pissed off in the morning.

I worry.
If that 50% are Brexiters they'll be no more or less pissed off than they are any other morning, when they wake up and realise it still isn't 1418....

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Not really, this one by its binary nature is a lot more polarized.

Also as it extends beyond party politics, people seem a lot more willing to talk about their voting intentions, the taboo of asking a friend or a colleague how they would vote in a GE is not so apparent in this referendum.

Not only that, you have the emotive nature of each of the campaigns, with Leaves protectionism and Remains altruism.

Whatever happens in this vote, about 50% of the UKs population are going to be pretty pissed off in the morning.

I worry.

Good points, well made.

Although I don't think there's a need to worry because very little will change, certainly in the short term.

Many other influences will come into play in the longer term, so it won't be possible to say today's decision - whatever it is - was a catastrophic mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom