Your nomination for the crappest heavy metal or rock band ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
You should be arrested & locked up for eternity for that one @RoubaixCube :tongue:

and beaten hard with guitars.

early GNR was great. use your illusion was the start of the decline .

metallica - everything up to the black album was great then it was a bit meh till death magnetic .

Goggs

Guru
Rush were great but I can't be alone in thinking music is - like smell - linked to time & place. About 20 years ago I listened to Rush, Mike Olfield etc incessantly. But I've moved on. I'll always appreciate them & if I'm not in control of the music and Rush comes on I can tap my feet and, sadly, recite ALL the lyrics, but I don't listen to them myself these days. I'm more of a Cowboy Junkies man in my old age.

As for Meat Loaf, bloody brilliant! A genuine artist - along with Jim Steinman - who gave it everything on the original video for Bat Out of Hell..

Goggs

Guru
I think Death Magnetic is a terrible album but I'm something of a hi-fi nut so I'm biased. Still to this day one of the 'hottest' recordings ever released. Truly awful. But I agree with the first thing you said. It all started to go seriously wrong with the Black album. Master of Puppets was their zenith I believe, along with their version of Creeping Death which is still the best version of the Diamond Head classic.

Oh, Diamond Head. Call Me.

I'm going to plump for Aerosmith as the crappest rock band ever.
Any band that can come up with a song called "Love In An Elevator",needs to be lined up blindfolded and shot .
Don't get me wrong ,Slippery When Wet was very close to getting the vote.
The whole album.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Screenshot_20160902-170638.jpg

Still ....

Nowhere near as bad as Meatloaf.

subaqua

What’s the point
I think Death Magnetic is a terrible album but I'm something of a hi-fi nut so I'm biased. Still to this day one of the 'hottest' recordings ever released. Truly awful. But I agree with the first thing you said. It all started to go seriously wrong with the Black album. Master of Puppets was their zenith I believe, along with their version of Creeping Death which is still the best version of the Diamond Head classic.

Ahh yes master of puppets. definitley their zenith.

what really makes me feel old is that "one" from and justice for all is 27 years old ! the Trumbo film a few years ago reminded me of "one" from Jonny gets a gun , which the song video made me find a copy of the book which i read .

Rush were great but I can't be alone in thinking music is - like smell - linked to time & place. About 20 years ago I listened to Rush, Mike Olfield etc incessantly. But I've moved on. I'll always appreciate them & if I'm not in control of the music and Rush comes on I can tap my feet and, sadly, recite ALL the lyrics, but I don't listen to them myself these days. I'm more of a Cowboy Junkies man in my old age.

As for Meat Loaf, bloody brilliant! A genuine artist - along with Jim Steinman - who gave it everything on the original video for Bat Out of Hell..

not checked out cowboy junkies... lived in NYC for a bit so always take the Village Voices word for it...
http://www.villagevoice.com/music/the-10-worst-metal-bands-of-the-80s-6655916

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

Creeping Death was written by Metallica. You're thinking of Am I Evil?

Top Bottom