£10,400,000 per year. That's not bad, is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I worked with a guy who had a try out at Chelsea over 40 years ago, he'd travelled down from Newcastle on the bus. He didn't make it, he was good just not good enough, when they finished him up he just left the ground and had to make his own way home.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I worked with a guy who had a try out at Chelsea over 40 years ago, he'd travelled down from Newcastle on the bus. He didn't make it, he was good just not good enough, when they finished him up he just left the ground and had to make his own way home.

To be fair though if I go for a job interview and don't get the job I don't get a lift home afterwards either.

PK99

Legendary Member

How old was he?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
To be fair though if I go for a job interview and don't get the job I don't get a lift home afterwards either.

Super. Anyway a try out isn't the half hour interview that you might have and he was just a kid, he's ok about the whole thing though. The point was that he's 99 out of 100 that don't make it. It's a tough old world in football.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Wish I hadn't got involved ffs...

I wish you hadn't as well

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Listening to Jose Mourhino last night on the local news. He said something along the lines of "It's not Paul's(Pogba) fault he's a multi millionaire and you journalists are surviving on pennies". What an arrogant prick he is!:thumbsdown:

As a Chelsea fan I think I must've seen him through rose tinted spec's when he was 'ours'. From a distance I am more inclined to agree with your sentiment.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm not a football fan, and the main reason is the managers.

I surely can't be the only person that realises how much drivel managers speak in post match interviews? They're just making up an entire science of sports analysis as they go along.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm not a football fan, and the main reason is the managers.

I surely can't be the only person that realises how much drivel managers speak in post match interviews? They're just making up an entire science of sports analysis as they go along.

They tend to speak in clichés and it is boring. The problem is that they are somewhat constrained by the FA as to what they can say about the more controversial incidents within any given match as the referee is usually involved and to say anything negative about them is forbidden.

They are much more insightful when they speak on the various club's press interviews and fan-casts etc.

Top Bottom