£10 deals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Tesco, M&S , Morrisons and may be others do a £10 meal deal that includes: side dish, main course, desert and a bottle of wine. I just wonder how they can do it as they can't make anything on it. I suppose they rely on you buying other things as well. We just bought one of them tonight from Tesco. Cracking deal I think.

Gunk

Guru
The M&S deal is now £12, you can still get a bargain, last one we bought would have been over £17

vickster

Legendary Member
Tesco, M&S , Morrisons and may be others do a £10 meal deal that includes: side dish, main course, desert and a bottle of wine. I just wonder how they can do it as they can't make anything on it. I suppose they rely on you buying other things as well. We just bought one of them tonight from Tesco. Cracking deal I think.
Did you get the Kalahari or Sahara or even the Gobi? :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
I was going to suggest we should excuse the OP his missing 's' because he's French.

However, wiki reckons the English word 'dessert' is of French origin from 'desservir' meaning to clear a table - the last course of meal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dessert
And the equivalent French words are spelt the same, albeit desert has an accent over the first e :whistle:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tenkay and I do keep an eye on the deals. Very occasionally there will be the choice of a couple of bottles of beer instead of the wine.

We've noticed that the vegetarian mains tend to be poor value and limited choice.
The Pizza based meal deals in our local M+S for example will have the "Meat Feast" which is usually £6, and a standard Margarita which is usually £4. There is a " Veggie Feast" elsewhere on the shelves which is usually £6 but that's not included in the deal.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Waitrose curry deal at a tenner is pretty good value, unless the shelves are bare of non-meat options.
Think M&S do similar but not tried

Tenkaykev

Guru
The Waitrose curry deal at a tenner is pretty good value, unless the shelves are bare of non-meat options.
Think M&S do similar but not tried

I've noticed the Veggie curry choices tend to be the milder ones.
I'd love for them to do a Pathia style Veggie option.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've noticed the Veggie curry choices tend to be the milder ones.
I'd love for them to do a Pathia style Veggie option.
I do quite like the mango prawn from time to time. Peppers don't agree with me so even before I stopped eating meat, I steered clear of some of the chicken ones (and I never ate lamb)

Top Bottom