£10 deals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
My missus cooked up a wonderfully easy healthy meal from scratch in no time really. Boiled Potatoes, Green beans, Chicken Breasts, Oregano. Baked in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon. Delicious, cheap, quick and easy and not a cardboard package in sight... If you're willing to go yellow sticker shopping, you can cook up healthy meals for next to nothing and freeze some for days you're busy...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
None of that sounds right but you get the meaning I think. The hit is taken by the original supplier to the supermarket.
Another ploy is to place a massive order to get a larger discount and then when the top has been creamed off lower the price to a loss leader and then eventually cancel the remainder of the order but keep the discount. The supplier has been well and truly shafted. I was on the fringes of whisky sales in the wholesale market at one time and that did happen.
The tax on whisky and other spirits is staggering. £8 on every 70cl bottle is duty. So how do shops make money selling famous gross for £12.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The M&S deal is now £12, you can still get a bargain, last one we bought would have been over £17
F-in-L always said, "If you spend enough, you can save a fortune".

It just makes you buy things that you otherwise wouldn't, so you end up paying £10/£12 on a meal deal when you might just cook something that cost £3 or £4 to make from scratch.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The tax on whisky and other spirits is staggering. £8 on every 70cl bottle is duty. So how do shops make money selling famous gross for £12.
They make any profit on the first part of the order then the rest goes as a loss leader. As you say the profit on the cheaper whisky is minimal.

Top Bottom