£10 for a water bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a fool and his money…

SamNichols

I have to say that I find the rapha stuff far more appealing than the assos - their sportswool is a lot more attractive than lycra, the cut looks nice enough for the cafe and the caps are pretty much the best caps on the market. But, I can't afford either of them, so it's endura/gore/altura/campy stuff for me.

dbg

Quite like it - better than the tweed caps - speaking of which I actually saw somene wearing one at the Prologue, Rapha from head to toe he was, a striking fellow.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Amazing isn't it how with a fancy advert you can con people into paying tens of times too much for something! I've no doubt their plastic is high quality and their blow moulding first-class but these bottles won't have cost more than a few pence each to manufacture.

OP
chris42

chris42

Rigid Raider said:
Amazing isn't it how with a fancy advert you can con people into paying tens of times too much for something! I've no doubt their plastic is high quality and their blow moulding first-class but these bottles won't have cost more than a few pence each to manufacture.
the same bottles without Rapha on them are £3.95 inc VAT from Ribble

mosschops2

I did some (internet based) research for water bottles recently. Not exactly top secret - if I have the inclination I'll post the a cropped bit of the size / price info!!

I didn't find one for more than a fiver - and in fact for a fiver, you can buy a 10 litre plastic carrying water bottle!

Top Bottom