1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£10 for a water bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by chris42, 12 Jul 2007.

1. chris42

chris42 New Member

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

a fool and his money…

dave r likes this.
  3. chris42

chris42 New Member

even a fool wouldn't buy these?? :?:

4. it looks like a Darlek, i thought that Rapha was a leader in style not a follower of a 40 year old tv prog?

5. Big T

Big T Über Member

What do you expect from Rapha? they don't sell anything cheap.

6. giant man

giant man New Member

If it isn't overpriced shaving kits or ridiculous notepads they're calling journals, it's this! Will the madness never end? lol :?:

7. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

It's £10.00 for a reason... normal water bottles give you a plastic taste when you sip, those babies leave a taste in your mouth like Dom Perignon Champagne.

mustang1 and craigwend like this.
  8. spesh

spesh Well-Known Member

Rapha serves a valuable function.

By pointing out their eye-watering prices to your partner/spouse, you stand a better chance of obtaining approval for that job lot of Assos kit you had been really intending to buy. :?:

Hope this helps. :?:

Fnaar and dave r like this.
  9. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

I have to say that I find the rapha stuff far more appealing than the assos - their sportswool is a lot more attractive than lycra, the cut looks nice enough for the cafe and the caps are pretty much the best caps on the market. But, I can't afford either of them, so it's endura/gore/altura/campy stuff for me.

mustang1 likes this.
  10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Well for sure the Assos ladies wear adverts are better then anything I've seen from Rapha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fnaar likes this.
  11. dbg

dbg New Member

Quite like it - better than the tweed caps - speaking of which I actually saw somene wearing one at the Prologue, Rapha from head to toe he was, a striking fellow.

12. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Amazing isn't it how with a fancy advert you can con people into paying tens of times too much for something! I've no doubt their plastic is high quality and their blow moulding first-class but these bottles won't have cost more than a few pence each to manufacture.

dave r likes this.
  13. chris42

chris42 New Member

the same bottles without Rapha on them are £3.95 inc VAT from Ribble

dave r likes this.
  14. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

where i work 750ml sports bottles are provided (and replaced) for free. of course snobbery dictates that at least half the time either my nike or kilotogo bottle sits on the desk to signify "proper cyclist" (as if anyone cares).

15. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

I did some (internet based) research for water bottles recently. Not exactly top secret - if I have the inclination I'll post the a cropped bit of the size / price info!!

I didn't find one for more than a fiver - and in fact for a fiver, you can buy a 10 litre plastic carrying water bottle!