£10 for a water bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a fool and his money…

SamNichols

I have to say that I find the rapha stuff far more appealing than the assos - their sportswool is a lot more attractive than lycra, the cut looks nice enough for the cafe and the caps are pretty much the best caps on the market. But, I can't afford either of them, so it's endura/gore/altura/campy stuff for me.

dbg

Quite like it - better than the tweed caps - speaking of which I actually saw somene wearing one at the Prologue, Rapha from head to toe he was, a striking fellow.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Amazing isn't it how with a fancy advert you can con people into paying tens of times too much for something! I've no doubt their plastic is high quality and their blow moulding first-class but these bottles won't have cost more than a few pence each to manufacture.

OP
OP
chris42

chris42

Rigid Raider said:
Amazing isn't it how with a fancy advert you can con people into paying tens of times too much for something! I've no doubt their plastic is high quality and their blow moulding first-class but these bottles won't have cost more than a few pence each to manufacture.

the same bottles without Rapha on them are £3.95 inc VAT from Ribble

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
where i work 750ml sports bottles are provided (and replaced) for free. of course snobbery dictates that at least half the time either my nike or kilotogo bottle sits on the desk to signify "proper cyclist" (as if anyone cares).

mosschops2

I did some (internet based) research for water bottles recently. Not exactly top secret - if I have the inclination I'll post the a cropped bit of the size / price info!!

I didn't find one for more than a fiver - and in fact for a fiver, you can buy a 10 litre plastic carrying water bottle!

Top Bottom