£100 extra for a Rapha logo? Strewth!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
market forces mate, if someone is willing to pay for the name then fair play to Rapha

As I read it they are not charging a extra hundred quid as it is the same price as the giro helmet “This is quite likely the start of something further,” Rapha spokesman Derrick Lewis said of the Rapha helmet, which will retail for the same price as the Giro Synthe MIPS — £249.99 / US$270 / AU$TBA.

They say it is essentially the Giro Synthe MIPS with reflective stickers on so could be argued as better value
"Performance sportswear brand Rapha will release its first helmet on 20 September, which is essentially a special edition Giro Synthe MIPS".

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I dunno, that looks like a heck of a textured panel though.

Mmm, textured panel. And only a ton more.

Where do I sign?!?!

zizou

Veteran
The RRP on the Rapha one is £225 which is cheaper than the RRP of the Giro version.

It is the same with the Rapha shoes that Giro make, the Rapha version is actually slightly cheaper than the Giro one.

Drago

Legendary Member
Fair play to them. They're selling decent, but not truly premium, quality gear at top drawer prices. If people are daft enough to pay it then fair play to Rapha, just so long as they don't become as reluctant as other such firms to pay their taxes.

Top Bottom