£1000-£1500 to spend on a road bike, advice great fully accepted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Welcome to team Cube ( cycle chat batallion)

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Two International Pro Tour Teams - Movistar & Katowsha both on Canyon.

They won't ride rubbish will they ? Even if they get paid sponsorship.

Movistar got dropped by Pinerello they did not choose to leave, they tried to do a deal with Specialized after this as well. Canyon was not their first or second choice for bike supplier.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Movistar got dropped by Pinerello they did not choose to leave, they tried to do a deal with Specialized after this as well. Canyon was not their first or second choice for bike supplier.
Wasn't aware of this Mr H.

I was always led to believe that bike manufacturers paid Pro Tour Teams to ride their product & get them on the telly.

Obviously they wouldn't pay a really poor team but Movistar are not such a bad team I feel.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Wasn't aware of this Mr H.
I was always led to believe that bike manufacturers paid Pro Tour Teams to ride their product & get them on the telly.
Obviously they wouldn't pay a really poor team but Movistar are not such a bad team I feel.

Movistar are a great team IMHO.
In an interview in 2011 when Cav who was riding for team highroad was asked what was the best bike in the peleton, he replied the one I am paid to ride.
I think this would be fair as each bike has its good points and bad points.

mip

I'm currently looking at the Focus Cayo Evo 4.0 and the Cube Agree GTC Pro. Favouring the Focus purely because I can buy it at a shop I have a good relationship with.

Speedball

Would love to hear how you get one with it. Looking to upgrade my bike and that one has caught my eye. Do you mind me asking where you got it from?

OP
OP
Piemanpaul

Piemanpaul

Regular
I'm currently looking at the Focus Cayo Evo 4.0 and the Cube Agree GTC Pro. Favouring the Focus purely because I can buy it at a shop I have a good relationship with.
That's a bit of a coincidence, I was almost parting with my money for the focus, saw the cube at the last minute and got it it for £250 less than the focus. Just noticed you were looking at the pro, mine isn't, it's last years version but still a great bike, wouldn't like to say which one was best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Piemanpaul

Piemanpaul

Regular
Would love to hear how you get one with it. Looking to upgrade my bike and that one has caught my eye. Do you mind me asking where you got it from?
I got it from JE James cycles in Chesterfield, but I also saw it online at a few other places for the same price, went to the shop and tried it out and loved it, the colour scheme won me over to be honest, that and the fact that it had ultegra/105 set on it.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Movistar are a great team IMHO.
In an interview in 2011 when Cav who was riding for team highroad was asked what was the best bike in the peleton, he replied the one I am paid to ride.
I think this would be fair as each bike has its good points and bad points.
Got to agree with that Mr H.

Also I remember well that Cav has claimed the Scott addict - Specialized Venge - Pinny-Rolo Dogmuck & Scott Foil all to be the best bike he has ever ridden.

Valverde claimed an excellent win recently in the Roma Maxima too & I have a soft spot for that team although really a Garmin Sharp fan (don't know why) - maybe I enjoy not winning.

Top Bottom