£1000 budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Fit narrower bars? And your arms shouldn't be straight, should be slightly bent at the elbow. I developed tendonitis in my thumb as my bars were too wide and I was rolling my wrist in. Shoulder measurement determines best width for you

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Trek do fit wide bars, anyways the Cube Race is higher spec than the Pro if its about saving some dosh, CRC did have the Cube Agree GTC for just over £900 but they were fussy about what C2W you used. The Cubes can come in compact or triple if buying new I think you can choose.

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Fit narrower bars? And your arms shouldn't be straight, should be slightly bent at the elbow. I developed tendonitis in my thumb as my bars were too wide and I was rolling my wrist in. Shoulder measurement determines best width for you
I agree. Arms should be slightly bent. Will take out a lot of vibration from the road and prevent an achy back. I had a very uncomfortable ache across my traps when I started cycling and it was all because my arms were straight.

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Reviving an oldie again I'm afraid ......
My employer has finally got back to me today and said he's going to look into the C2W this week (although that means sweet FA until he says yes he'll do it)
Anyway I was visiting the family last weekend and had some downtime, so I decided to visit the LBS down that way. Picked out 3 bikes that I fancied.
Cube peloton race
Cube agree
Giant defy composite (just over 1k for the giant)

Couldn't ride them but sat on all of them. Couldn't actually split the 3 down to which one I preferred, and as the owner wouldn't let me have the giant propel for a grand :laugh: I left the shop undecided......

Really like the composite but not sure if we can add our own money to the C2W to make up the difference. Gone off the Planet X as the frame looks a bit dated to me.

Top Bottom