£1000 c2w voucher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnym

I would like to know if you had or have had a 1000 pound c2w voucher which road bike would/have you buy.

Voucher is Halfords only but they can source bikes from other stores/shops.

Got a week to decide, just wandering what you guys think or have bought.

Bike would be used for a bit of commuting and long rides at weekends.

Any help appreciated

Peteaud

Veteran
Giant Defy 1

£999.00

redcard

Veteran
If I had £1K I'd get a Boardman Comp for £699, and use the rest to get shoes, pedals, a decent D-lock, and some clothing.

Halfords are doing 20% of bike accessories, so you might get an alright deal considering Halford's accessories and clothing are usually overpriced anyway.

defy-one

Giant Defy 1 by a mile

Mines reserved and waiting for the voucher

Read the bike radar reviews

Sent from my GT-I9100

vickster

Legendary Member
This chap seems more than happy with his new Focus :smile:

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/new-bike-pics-and-first-ride.103835/

defy-one

I nearly bought the cube peleton race, local shop in Slough let me go for a ride. It was very fast but not very comfortable, more set up for race geometry.
Then I tried a Defy 2 and a Defy 1 .... The reviews are correct - really comfortable and just glides over rough roads. I was going to go for the Defy 2 (Tiagra) as I liked the black/red paintwork more. But for another £200 you get 105 crank/shifters/cassette/derailers and a carbon seat post.

Peteaud

Veteran
I nearly bought the cube peleton race, local shop in Slough let me go for a ride. It was very fast but not very comfortable, more set up for race geometry.
Then I tried a Defy 2 and a Defy 1 .... The reviews are correct - really comfortable and just glides over rough roads. I was going to go for the Defy 2 (Tiagra) as I liked the black/red paintwork more. But for another £200 you get 105 crank/shifters/cassette/derailers and a carbon seat post.

I think the Frame is stiffer (triple pass welds) and the bb is also press fit on the 1.

I have the 2010 Defy 2 and its fantastic.

defy-one

Cubist - agreed it's a great bike, and personal preference comes into play

peteaud - yes your right - Defy 2 is also a fantastic bike - I thought you only live once !!

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I just spent my £1,000 C2W voucher at Halfords today. I bought a Boardman CX with Schwalbe Supreme tyres £990 plus a few cleaning bits, haven't had it out yet but it looks the dogs.........................

Top Bottom