£1000 Cycle to work road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Im not sure why Vickster but I thought you didn't like black bikes or white bar tape :blink:

vickster

Legendary Member
Exactly. I am not averse to a bit of black as long as is an accent colour not the only/ main colour!

OP
OP
A

azif

Thanks a lot for finding the review! I think I'm going to go for the Cube Peloton if I can get it via the scheme - can't really fault the spec on it for the money! If they won't let me buy from another supplier then I may play it safe and get the giant defy, although sounds like I should give the merida a try! Thanks again for the advice/opinions!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Rode my cube today for first time.......what a bike. Gear change was super slick, handled the wet well, and despite heavy gusts, didn't get too twitchy in the worst of side winds. Was worried re comfort as seems to have hardly any spokes compared to my boardman, but has me chomping at the bit for the nice weather to hurry up and arrive

Big Nick

I have a hybrid at present but wish I'd waited as I've heard the C2W scheme where I work starts in April

Could have had a Cube Peloton Race for £200 more!

Mr_Grieve

Über Member
I was in the same position to you a few weeks ago ie buying my first road bike after putting the miles in on a hybrid. I ended up with a Giant Defy 1 and have only just been out on it his weekend. I'm very pleased with it but suspect it isn't any better than the Cube - as long as it fits you. I've ended up with a size bigger than the Giant sizing chart suggests due to my long torso and going by the comfortable ride today it looks as if that's the right size My advice is therefore to get a bike from a LBS who know what their doing.

OP
OP
A

azif

Scheme is now running and I went for the Defy 1, thanks for the help. Would've at least tried the cube, but they were being a complete pain when I said I wanted to get it from a local shop. Sounds like the Defy isn't a bad first proper road bike, so sure I'll have plenty of fun on it!

To the debate on colours.. I went with the black and red!

Thanks again, all :smile:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Scheme is now running and I went for the Defy 1, thanks for the help. Would've at least tried the cube, but they were being a complete pain when I said I wanted to get it from a local shop. Sounds like the Defy isn't a bad first proper road bike, so sure I'll have plenty of fun on it!

Enjoy Azif.

Peteaud

Veteran

Defy 1 is a good bike, enjoy it.

Top Bottom