£1000 road bike budget(used)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Yay ... congratulations. Happy riding.
Thanks for all your advice.

I got what I wanted eventually

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Most Giant bikes now are sold with tubeless tyres from new.

There really isn't anything to be scared of when they have been set up properly (as these should have been).

You should still carry a spare tube though, just in case you get the sort of gash in the tyre that sealant/plugs can't fix.
I’m not sure how long it’s been since they were sealed.

Should I re seal?

Also I’ve heard they can be difficult to re seat on the rim once detached which concerns me if I get stuck

si_c

Guru
I’m not sure how long it’s been since they were sealed.

Should I re seal?

Also I’ve heard they can be difficult to re seat on the rim once detached which concerns me if I get stuck
Nope no need to re-seal. You need something to remove the valve core (adjustable spanner will work), and then you can add additional sealant through the valve.

They can be a bit harder to get off than a regular tyre, but if you know how to use tyre levers, then they are easy enough.

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Next question, is anyone familiar with the brake set up on these?
Seems there is little info on it……looks like a mechanical cable to hydraulic system

monkers

Veteran
Next question, is anyone familiar with the brake set up on these?
Seems there is little info on it……looks like a mechanical cable to hydraulic system
Yes, some people call it 'the squid' - that thing in front of the stem I mean. It's Giant's own creation. It means you get the 105 mechanical shifters with 105 hydraulic calipers. My other half had it on a Liv Avail - it didn't give any trouble - but then she didn't keep the bike long.

Top Bottom