£1000 road bike budget(used)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

@fraz101

Have you fully explored the Planet X options back on page one of the thread?

If so, what are your thoughts?

They look like great options that could be quickly acted upon - summer is not too far away!
Yes please see post #59

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep but now quite an old model, depends what you want (eg disc brakes or not that fussed).
Ribble did sell them off pretty cheaply from time to time pre-Covid (and prices have gone up a lot generally in the last few years)

An obsessive seller listing out the brand of barrel adjuster, inner tube and the cost of spacers :wacko:

I'd avoid a pressfit BB in an older carbon frame set myself but if you are happy with it, cool

If it's local, go try it out :okay:

Last edited:

monkers

Veteran
Yep but now quite an old model, depends what you want (eg disc brakes or not that fussed).
Ribble did sell them off pretty cheaply from time to time pre-Covid (and prices have gone up a lot generally in the last few years)

An obsessive seller listing out the brand of barrel adjuster, inner tube and the cost of spacers :wacko:

I'd avoid a pressfit BB in an older carbon frame set myself but if you are happy with it, cool

If it's local, go try it out :okay:
The original press fit bottom brackets can be replaced with a threaded type such as the Token Ninja. I've replaced the BB90 in my Emonda with one. I didn't have problems with the BB90 but fitted the Ninja while doing other upgrade work.

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Yeah I seen that one, but ideally want 105 group set.

I’m watching this one but fear it may reach more than I’m willing to pay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giant-TC...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Nothing wrong with Tiagra. Can always change later if that fussed
Yes I had a giant rapid 1 that had tiagra, which worked well.

I‘m hopefully going to find something that ticks all my boxes.

Thoughts on the tcr above?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes I had a giant rapid 1 that had tiagra, which worked well.

I‘m hopefully going to find something that ticks all my boxes.

Thoughts on the tcr above?
It’s an ML, don’t you want a M? Have you ride both for size?

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

It’s an ML, don’t you want a M? Have you ride both for size?
Yes well spotted.
I visited my local giant retailer mid week and had a look and sat on a couple.
ML is not too bad
Also spoke to the seller, he says he is 5’10” (I‘m 5’9”) and he’s comfortable on it also

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes well spotted.
I visited my local giant retailer mid week and had a look and sat on a couple.
ML is not too bad
Also spoke to the seller, he says he is 5’10” (I‘m 5’9”) and he’s comfortable on it also
up to you then (I’m a long legged 5’10 and it would be too big for me, but we’re all different).
go see it

Top Bottom