£1000 winter bike (with mudguards)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
OK, company has just launched Cycle to work scheme. I work from home, but will not be mentioning that bit!

I already have 6 bikes but it seems mad to not get the discount. So the bike up for replacement is my winter road bike (currently a Trek 1.2)

I want a bike that will take mudguards and a light rack (I already have a full on tourer). So slightly sportier. Strong wheels a big plus. Shimano not Campag (sorry!) Needs to be available from a Cyclescheme retailer.

Oh, and it needs to look nice!

Tynan

Veteran
you work from home, have six bikes and the tax payer is going to pay for a seventh?

:tongue:

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
correct. Great isn't it? I am away on business a lot. I am hoping to wangle a ride to one of our offices at some point. Dusseldorf would be a good ride

gavintc

Guru
Kinesis TK or Kinesis Gran Fondo both frames will accept mudguards although I think the clearance on the GF one is limited.

stephec

Legendary Member
jay clock said:
OK, company has just launched Cycle to work scheme. I work from home, but will not be mentioning that bit!
I already have 6 bikes but it seems mad to not get the discount. So the bike up for replacement is my winter road bike (currently a Trek 1.2)

I want a bike that will take mudguards and a light rack (I already have a full on tourer). So slightly sportier. Strong wheels a big plus. Shimano not Campag (sorry!) Needs to be available from a Cyclescheme retailer.

Oh, and it needs to look nice!

I think your boss might be able to work that out for himself.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Go speak to the nice people at Surosa Cycles of Oldham. One of their own brand Audax bikes should float your boat. I just got one on cyclescheme from there and I love it.

Top Bottom