£120 helmet...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
..... trendy label

Very true. If a Chinese company makes a helmet and offers it to Tesco and Oakley to see under their name we can all guess who'll be charging more for the same product.

But, I know I'm a sucker for a label and given the choice I'd pick an Oakley product over a Tesco's one.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I have this Kask Dieci. It is such a comfortable helmet and the fit is spot on. It has a great adjuster at the back so that it will never fall off even without the chin strap on. I also have a Giro helmet and the Kask comfort level is different class.

If you can justify the price then i highly recommend the Dieci. Th Vertigo also gets amazing feedback though it's dearer still.
Can't see how the Mojito could be much different.

Remember with Wiggle if it doesn't fit you can send it back. Though the adjustment in these helmets should allow them to fit most.
I second that, I also have the dieci and it's comfortable. Although I find the securing system at the back is getting in the way of the arms of my glasses :/

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I also have the Kask Vertigo. I never bought it because of the Kask stickers, or the fact that Team Sky wear them, and certainly didn't buy it because of the price tag. I love the comfort, the fit, the ventilation, my Ay-Ups fit on it perfectly and I can buy replacement parts, it ticks all my boxes. What is my ideal may not be someone elses, whether it costs £165 or £16.50....you pay your money and take your choice.

FWIW I wear a Mavic Plasma SLR for weekend rides.

Is it worth the extra over a cheaper one? No idea!

Is it better or safer than the standard Mavic Plasma? Not a clue!

Do I like it, does it fit me well, and does it compliment my bike etc? Yup ;)

I also have an old Met Inferno that I use for commuting etc. It's past it's best TBH but I'm not ready to use the Mavic one for such menial tasks :whistle:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I was quite prepared to buy a Catlike Whisper Plus in the club colours, but after wearing one for a few minutes I had a painful dent in my forehead - it just did NOT fit! I finally found the most comfortable helmet for me was a Spiuk Nexion. You really have to try on helmets and get one that fits and is comfortable. I knew immediately that the Spiuk fitted - It almost felt like I wasn't wearing it:thumbsup:.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I was quite prepared to buy a Catlike Whisper Plus in the club colours, but after wearing one for a few minutes I had a painful dent in my forehead - it just did NOT fit! I finally found the most comfortable helmet for me was a Spiuk Nexion. You really have to try on helmets and get one that fits and is comfortable. I knew immediately that the Spiuk fitted - It almost felt like I wasn't wearing it:thumbsup:.

I purchased one a few years back. I'd had a lust for one after seeing the pros using them.

When it arrived it was lovely and shiny white. I went out for the first time wearing it and when I returned home I slipped at the top of my driveway on ice and it hit the pavenment and cracked!

I was not amused! In fact I may have cried a little :sad:

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Didn't you secretly, deep down feel just a little bit like Bradley Wiggins?

If he feels as comfortable in his as I do in mine then this is a similarity between us. The other similarity is the male gender. After this the comparison between myself and Brad stop.....

If he wants to wear nice stuff and ride around pretending to be me that's his business.....

Top Bottom