£15 bib shorts on ebay, anyone have any experience of them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

User269

false economy - better off putting the £15 towards a better pair, which you will only end up buying anyway...
+1, I can't remember ever buying any really cheap cycling clothing and not regretting it, and this from someone who refuses to pay the ludicrous prices asked by Assos!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Okay, so nuts to the cheap bibs, where should I point my browser to find a half-decent pair for £30?

compo

Veteran
Whilst looking for the bib shorts you want you can always use braces with your shorts to stop the waistband from rolling down. Works for me.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I think they are pretty much as the guide says, but I'm at the top end of the scale. I think PpPete has some as well, and didn't rate the pad much so as is obvious YMMV.

The jackets on the other hand are a bit generously sized

Mine was the one with the wavy S logo on the side. The mesh back was fine, all over very comfortable - but the pad was woeful. No density to the foam at all, seemed like a cheap bit of upholstery foam under a piece of fabric, AND the pad was way too small. DIdnt extend far enough back andI could feel the rear rivets on the Brooks....

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2012-...thing&var=&hash=item8017248385#ht_7142wt_1037 also £15..... but look a tad better than the tenn ones (of which I have some, and can say that they are ok, though the padding isn't the best)

Thanks for finding this

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a pair of Tenn bibs I bought because they looked good value, I find that mid range Decathlon bibs are far better. The pad in the Tenn bibs was very thin and rather cheap, the sizing was a bit off as well. I wouldn't been keen to cycle more than 30 or 40 miles in them, the Decathlon ones are fine on 70 plus mile rides.

musa

Über Member
I have a pair of Tenn bibs I bought because they looked good value, I find that mid range Decathlon bibs are far better. The pad in the Tenn bibs was very thin and rather cheap, the sizing was a bit off as well. I wouldn't been keen to cycle more than 30 or 40 miles in them, the Decathlon ones are fine on 70 plus mile rides.

would you say the decathlon one is worth getting? Ive ordered the ones from wiggle also

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
would you say the decathlon one is worth getting? Ive ordered the ones from wiggle also
If you are near a Decathlon it is worth having a look, you can try them on to see if they suit you. Don't buy the cheapest though. I would recommend the £25 bibshorts or better, the material and fit used is much better than the cheap ones.

400bhp

Guru
I have the mid-range Decathlon bibs too (£22) - bloody excellent they are. Bought almst 2 years ago IIRC. Absolutely fine up to 100 miles - can get saddle a little saddle sore for longer rides but that would be expected.

I can only imagine the more expensive shorts (£40) are superb and they will be the next set I buy.

musa

Über Member
Ahh ok I'm on a run tomorrow so will pop in. Thanks for that. Did happen to come in contact with two guys selling team kits prices were quite low 30 and 35 pounds for garmin and sky bibs respectively

Top Bottom