£17,500 dream bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Even if i won a sqillion pounds on the lottery i could not bring myself to spend so much on a bike......i would at least expect a decent vehicle with roof transport to lug it about included in the price ! :biggrin:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Frameset wise I can possibly say it's a custom Parlee or Storck for £8k frame. Dogma's and C59's are about £3.5k. Wheels at £4k are either top Lightweights or something as fancy (would you ever ride a bike with £4.5k wheels on our roads ?)

Yuo can build a top dollar super bike for £4-£8k max that is 'real world' useable, only using the top kit.

PS That Dogma pictured would be the spec I'd go for Shamall, SR11...................... hmmmmmmmmmmmm (if I had money) or a custom 953 with the same kit, and save £2k - use the £2k for a nice MTB ?

Lucky barsteward................

Parlee Z1 full custom is £5k, same price for Viner Maxima RS (also full custom). None of the Storck road range is that pricey either- Fascenario 0.6 comes in at just under £7k.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
What really doesn't do it for me are the brand names plastered all over high end carbon bikes, Pinarello and Colnago are both guilty of this. If I'm spending top dollar there's no way I'm acting as a free advertising hoarding. At one point I asked about a custom Van Nicholas frame and if the transfers could be left off, that's a no-no apparently.

A discreet head badge is plenty, at least with another frame you could have it resprayed.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
What really doesn't do it for me are the brand names plastered all over high end carbon bikes, Pinarello and Colnago are both guilty of this. If I'm spending top dollar there's no way I'm acting as a free advertising hoarding. At one point I asked about a custom Van Nicholas frame and if the transfers could be left off, that's a no-no apparently.

A discreet head badge is plenty, at least with another frame you could have it resprayed.

I know what you mean. Pinarello at least do the black-on-black colour scheme (which looks great and very discreet), Trek I think do something similar for 6 series Madones under their Project One custom options. Depends on the make etc too- I don't mind being a Viner advert, because I love the bike, and if other people think 'I'd like one of those', they know what to look for'. Helps that they're relatively rare, unlike Spesh/Trek/Bianchi etc. You could always remove any unwanted decals yourself....

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I know what you mean. Pinarello at least do the black-on-black colour scheme (which looks great and very discreet), Trek I think do something similar for 6 series Madones under their Project One custom options. Depends on the make etc too- I don't mind being a Viner advert, because I love the bike, and if other people think 'I'd like one of those', they know what to look for'. Helps that they're relatively rare, unlike Spesh/Trek/Bianchi etc. You could always remove any unwanted decals yourself....

Maybe it's just me, I wouldn't want to buy clothing with GAP, ADIDAS, NIKE, etc, emblazoned on it either, though I've been caught out in the past. Whether it's tastefully done or not, which is subjective anyway, it still remains advertising, something I loathe at the best of times. If you're spending a fortune and having something custom made then the option for no logos should be available, you shouldn't have to scrape them off yourself.

Or do they worry that they'd all look too similar if there wasn't the manufacturers name in big block letters down the side?

zigzag

Veteran

i was talking to the van nic guy at cycle show and asked what can be done about those badly designed decals (i was looking at yukon iirc). he said they could peeled off, or a more discreet version can be put on upon request. they can also send different decal sets in an envelope so you can stick them on yourself.

Crankarm

Guru
Maybe it's just me, I wouldn't want to buy clothing with GAP, ADIDAS, NIKE, etc, emblazoned on it either, though I've been caught out in the past. Whether it's tastefully done or not, which is subjective anyway, it still remains advertising, something I loathe at the best of times. If you're spending a fortune and having something custom made then the option for no logos should be available, you shouldn't have to scrape them off yourself.

Or do they worry that they'd all look too similar if there wasn't the manufacturers name in big block letters down the side?

They're probably all made in the same factory in China ..............

racelite

I have just ordered my RC5 bike from a cervelo dealer in Yeovil and they tell me they have 10 RC5 frames coming on their first order, i have never seen so much kit in one store .....it even had a pool to try wetsuits !
Will post a pic when i pick it up

dodgy

At that price, the wheels are probably Reynolds RZRs. Under 900 grams a pair and cost £4999 but you get them for a 'bargain' £4500 if you shop around ;)

mac1

Aggravating bore magnet
Obviously if you have a lot of money, you can have exactly what you want and this bloke did and I'm happy with that. Some comments on here are like "Rolls v Bentley v Ferrari" obviously missing the point that the buyer of one probably owns the others as well, but nevermind...

Anyway, whenever I, like many others ponder and conclude that lots of money wouldn't make me happy, I'm always corrected later on by the thoughts of all the toys I could afford, and this is one example.

Top Bottom