£17,500 dream bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went into a local cycle shop today and was admiring some gorgeous machines when the owner took me through the workshop and upstairs to see a bike that had just been finished for a client. It was the most wonderful carbon confection, and weighed under 10 pounds. The frame set was about £8K, the wheels £4.5K - even the stem was £600! Total cost was £17.5K. Everything was so beautifully made, and it really ought to have been hung on a wall in the National Gallery. I could have looked at it for hours, and I really envy the owner of this superb piece of art.

I went into a local cycle shop today and was admiring some gorgeous machines when the owner took me through the workshop and upstairs to see a bike that had just been finished for a client. It was the most wonderful carbon confection, and weighed under 10 pounds. The frame set was about £8K, the wheels £4.5K - even the stem was £600! Total cost was £17.5K. Everything was so beautifully made, and it really ought to have been hung on a wall in the National Gallery. I could have looked at it for hours, and I really envy the owner of this superb piece of art.

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

Bit of duct tape could probably do the trick.

Is there anything duct tape can't do?

zigzag

Veteran
well my understanding of beauty is a bit different, i like to look at shiny things, so until carbon can be chromed or polished, i can't see much beauty in it:rolleyes:

to me, something closer to beautiful would be like this:

decent looking bike

to improve the looks even further the bike should have polished alloy cranks and polished alloy rims (and gear levers..)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

8k? Even a Cervelo R5ca is 'only' £7,500. What frame was that?

Top Bottom